Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

iam confused about my babys dad and wot 2 do

hi iam nearley 33 weeks pregnent with my 5 th baby but with a new partner he has 2 children from a preavouis marrage allready and i have 4 kids from a preavous also he said he loves me and our unborn baby and i do love him very much but iam just not sure he hasent told his mum or his kids that hes gonna b a dad again iv never met his kids i would like to ov but just never have he knows my kids and gets on well with them i keep asking him has he told them yet but he keeps saying that he hasent found th right time to tell them but there is never gonna be a right time to tell them some thing like that iv never meet any ov his family ither iam begaining to think that he may b ashamed ov me iv said to him that he kneds to tell them asap he has his kids every week end and hes also a long distance lorry driver but i did know that before i got with him but i get left to see him when he has time which isent a lot and that does get to me but iv said to him iv only got a number ov weeks letf and if something was to happen at week end when he has got his kids wot is he gonna do where is he gonna say hes going but iam just not sure about him now i dont think he is realy all that botherd about us any more i keep asking him does he still want me and he sais he does but iam not to sure any more has any body got any idears diane

Replies

• Oh dear, sounds like he's a bit of a chicken. I think you need to tell him that you are not going to give birth without even meeting his family. They have a right to know about you and you should also meet them to check he hasn't got any major secrets which he has kept from you. What bloke would start another family without checking his kids liked you 1st????
    Don't want to sound pessimistic but what if he has another girlfriend tucked away or debts??
    Alternatively I guess rather than be ashamed of you maybe he is ashamed of them?
    Best of luck xx
  • I would like to say dont worry but honestly it doesnt sound good, if he sees you when he feels like it and within all that time you havent met any of the kids or family? it sometimes goes with the job. If you are so close to having your baby yet he hasnt made plans to be with you to help in the last few weeks or there for the birth then if i were you i would make plans for yourself. Dont be waiting around for him to sort his act out if he hasnt in 33weeks. It isnt what you want as it should be a special time for you as a family unit.I would get someone close to you to be there for you and your birth partner and it can still be special, you dont want him to say he will be there and you do it alone. End of the day you love this child and if he cant be man enough to commit enough to do the same you sound like you are better off without him as you dont want to be thinking about it you want to enjoy being pregnant etc. If it turns out he is a scum bag then dont feel it is you or you are no good as you wont be the only one he will be lying to and probably not the last. Please dont take the message wrong but you deserve better ok. The best of luck ok and try not to blame yourself with all the hormones going round because you will be a great mum. Lay down rules and what you want to happen and that you want to meet the family and kids, if he wont let you have your answer. If it was that he ashamed of you then he isnt nice as should love you for you whatever.Sorry to rant. Can understand that you dont want to have all this just before a baby and he should see that having kids already. Think of yourself and this baby first and you take care xxxx