Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

am I doing it right?

Since I had my baby nearly a year ago! I can't seem to get my mum out of my head. She died when I was just 15 and I think about her everyday but I just don't know what to do sometimes regarding my daughter as I can't ask her for advice. Its very hard and just wonder all the time what she'd say whether Im doing that wrong or this wrong or what to do when my baby's ill. I have to make all the decisions without any advice which is very scary sometimes. I don't want to sound depressed coz i'm far from that I jus wondering if anyone else feels frustrated like this . Ive no one to tell me i'm a good mum and that i'm doing a good job it makes me wonder if i am doing it right?:\?

Replies

• Hi Sweetie,

Bless you, I am sure you're doing a fantastic job.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you at times when you need reassurance and want it from someone who isn't there to give it.

The way you've worded your post shows you are obviously a very caring mum and just want to do things right by your lo.

Do you have anyone else around you that you're close to (family or friends) who could give you some support? I know it's not the same but you sound like you eed some reassurance.

What about your health visitor? Do you have any contact with them? They may be able to help steer you in the right direction if you have any worries or problems...

Take care, sending you a big hug...x