Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

intimacy problem

Hi everyone! this is my 1st time here and I found loads of really good advice on other peoples problems so I thought maybe there's someone out there who can help me.

I had a lovely baby girl 11 months ago and after my husband and I resumed having sex, it always really hurt (not just the 1st 2 or 3 times but EVERY TIME), maybe they did the stitches too tight or something im not sure (the doctor at the 6 week check up assured me that the stitches were fine.....). because of that I was always reluctant to have sex but we more-or-less had it twice a week. 4 months ago i got pregnant again (i was using the diaphragm at the time so it was very unexpected) and since then, i dont even like me husband touching me-whether its kissing me or holding my hand or going to bed together-i just try and distance myself from him as much as possible. i have no inclination to be near him or have sex with him and its ruining our marriage. i dont know if there's an actual problem with me or whether its pregnancy hormones and it'll disappear after the birth or whether i should go and see a therapist or something. we've had so many conversations together about my "problem" but it still doesn't stop him from all the time trying something on and getting really annoyed and "huffy" with me when i refuse. he says that even if touch him its enough but i just feel so repulsed when i do it that i just dont want to do that either. NOTE he's not done anything wrong to cause this, it just suddenly happened 1 day.

anyone got any suggestions or does everyone think i should see a therapist?

thank you all so much for your help and advice-i just dont know who else to turn to :cry:

Replies

• i dont have any advice at all but u know what ,its the same in my house ..i have no idea why but like u sex hurt the 1st few times and then i put it off ..then had a coil in and bled on and off for months and i just dont feel the need to go to bed and do anything but sleep ...someone said to me last week "men always want sex but women have to have it to want it" and its true ,if we do have sex i want it again but if we go a few days im sure i could go a year ..sorry no advice just want u to know your not alone xxxx