Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

partner dosnt want me anymore :(

hi girls
a few months ago i found out my partner was emailing his ex. we had a huge argument but sorted it out eventially. i told him i was very upset as i have had alot of unfaithful partners in the past and feel quite insecure about it. they were harmless emails as he showed them to me but i just felt like it was a bit sly (i walked into the room and her email was on the screen and he quickly went off it)

anyway i was downstairs cooking lastnight and came up to ask him if he wanted a cuppa when i saw an email off her on his private mail on facebook. he quickly went off the page as soon as i walked in. i asked him why he was doing it on the sly when he knew how much it upset me last time. he didnt say anything apart from "im going out" and he walked out.
when he came back i asked him if we could talk about and he said there was nothing to talk about. i said that i felt hurt that he'd do it again after last time and that i feel like i cant trust him anymore.

now hes trying to make out that im the bad guy saying that i cant tell him who he can and cant talk to. im not, i just dont like him keeping things from me as i thought relationships were about trust?? i wouldnt mind him talking to her if he wasnt being sly about it especially after him already doing it once before and it causing alot of shit (sorry)

i just doin know what to do or say. if anyone could give me a bit of advice that would be great :\) thanx.

charlie xxx

Replies

• hi hun, i dont really have any advice but didnt want to read and run, must say u seem pretty easy going if u dont mind him emailing his ex coz i would flip!
    maybe u could ask how he would feel about u e mailing ur ex? and see if he would be so understanding, just seems he isnt taking ur feelings on this matter seriously, sorry not much help hun,hope someone can give u some advice
    take care. xxx
  • def agree with kirst3...! men do have amazing double standards, and if he really didnt think he was doing anything wrong, why did he hide it?? try and explain you dont mind-but just dont want him hiding things from you. men are strange creatures..maybe he gets a slight kick out of the contact, however innocent it is..maybe try and show it doesnt botheryou and he may get fed up with it?? or try a little dramatics???tell a kinda fib..say its a coincidence that he getting in touch with ex as you bumped into one of yours the other day and declined to make further contact in case it upset him,,,but if its okay for him.......
  • hi charlie i couldn't help reading yr post and i think u should sit him down and ell him that u don't mind if he wants to speak to his ex u just want all the arguments to stop there mighted be anything going on my husband of 6 years has three kids to his ex and he phones her all the time and there isn't anything going on i hope this is helpful Nicky22
  • Hi,i had a similar thing happen to me in the early stages of me and my partners relationship.I found out he was texting an ex and i freaked out on him.I also phoned her up and gave her a piece of my mind!!
    Eventually after i had calmed down we sat down and talked about how hurt i was that he would do that and i said if he ever did anything like that again that would be it,end of our relationship.
    If you really love your man then try and make it work but if you feel that there is anything more going on,you need to know the truth and deserve better than what he is giving you. Hope you can work it out.image