Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SCARED AND CONFUSED

Can some1 please help me i was about 14 weeks pregnant when i had my ultrasound last week and they told me that i had a missed miscarriage. I thought it was a wired pregnacy to start with as i had no morning sickness. I was told that i couldnt have kids after they found out i had polysistic overies. All i could taste in the last couple of weeks is metal. I still feel move ments in my belly and im really tired. this was the first time i have ever herd of a missed misscarriage. As it has only been a few days I have still had no bleeding and feel quiet fine. Except that all i want is my baby back. And Has any 1 had troubles of falling pregnant again after they have had a missed misscarriage. PLEASE WRITE AND LET ME NO IM SCARED AND CONFUSED. MISS_NESS

Replies

• Options
    Hello

Sorry to read about your experiences. I had a missed miscarriage on the 1st June. You can read our posts on the missed miscarriage help forum. It really helped me.

For a number of weeks after my mmc I had strange movements in my tummy which I think was my bowel...I have IBS and think the emotional upset caused some spasms.

I had an ERPC (D and C) on the 4th June and have been thru a whole range of feelings and emotions.

I was almost 12wks when I found out and my baby had stopped growing at 7wks and I had not started bleeding at all, so it can be a long process to wait.

Please don not feel scared as you will get thru this....it is hard right now but day by day you will make sense of things.

Love Sian XX
  • Options
    Hi i had mmc in april and as sian said go onto the missed miscarriage help forum as we all have talked about it on there and it will help to chat.
    i also had no morning sickness and at my 12wk scan was told baby had stopped growing at 10wks. its so hard to understand and accept.
    i never had any bleeding and went for erpc a wk later.
    have you arrange to go into hospital or see your dr?
    take it easy and feel free to come on anytime to talk, rant etc.
    thinking of you becs xxx
  • Options
    so do you know if any one has had a missed mc and has been still pregnant the baby was hiding or something and the blood test was wrong.
  • Options
    hi i have never heard of anyone . i was like you when i found out and thought they had got it wrong but the next wk i went for another scan and it showed the sac was shrinking. if you need any questions answered or reassured talk to your dr or midwife.
    things will get better.
    love becs x
  • Options
    hey becs thanks for your support hun its great. Im just so confused wondering if i have done something wrong. and what causes it so i know for next time maybe at this point im not having any more i dont want to get hurt again its way to hard im only just coping. what helped with your greiving
  • Options
    Hi Miss Ness,

Really sorry to read your post. It happened to me in April. My advice is to ask for another scan and get them to show you everything on the screen. She showed me exactly why the pg had definitely failed in my 2nd scan and this reassured me that they hadn't got it wrong (absence of fetus, thin membrane on pregnancy sac, wobbly banana shaped sac rather than strong roung sac etc.) .

I hope this give you some hope - I'm pregnant again already. We left it for one month for an AF then I became pg in the first month of trying. I know we're very lucky but a lot of people have said you're more fertile in the months after a MC.

Good luck hun, Jo x
  • Options
    Hiya Miss_ness

I too was like that...especially as all my clothes were still tight around my belly, even though I might have had 2 uteruses and the baby was really in the other one!

It is a natural reaction to think what have I done? or what did I do wrong? I went thru all sorts of possible reasons...did I have the bath too hot? Was it because I was constipated? Was it because of my thyroid problem? Was it because I had a vodka one night before I knew I was preg? All sort of possibles. My OH said to me there could be 1001 reasons and we will never know why so stop punishing yourself and as time has gone by I have accepted we will never know why it happened and have to believe it happened because there was a problem and it was not meant to be this time.

I bought some books about miscarriage and why it happens and a self help guide to read. These books helped me greatly as it explains the emotions you go thru. Denial, anger, depression and acceptance...still I flit between them all, one day angry and then depressed another day but at least i know they are to be expected.

Keep telling us how you are feeling!

Lots of love...know how you feel and it does get better.
    Sian XX
  • Options
    well i went to the doctors today and he is sending me for another ultrasound to make sure eveything is ok and to reasure me that the baby has gone but i still have no sign of bleeding which makes even more confusing. please all keep in touch
  • Options
    hi miss ness, this happened to me too, im in the forum with becs, jo1976 and sianiblew. we all went through the same thing, and i think i'm right in thinking we all had a second ultrasound to make absolutely sure. i had no sign of bleeding, no pain, but also no morning sickness, and my boobs still hurt like crazy. and i have had 3 children before so was completely shocked that this would happen.i was convinced they had got it wrong, but to tell you the truth that made it harder to accept. we are all here to chat to when you feel low, my heart goes out to you, mine was just 3 weeks ago, but it definitely does get better with time, i promise.

lots of love, laura. xxxx
  • Options
    hey there all well i had my second scan and it has gone but dont know were. my doctor was just confused as much as i was. so i have another appointment with him on monday to see what to do i told him that i want a d &c so i know that it can't be wrong. and it will hepl me in the long run im doing my very best to keep busy but when im alone it all comes back. my friends have been great i would be lost with out them.xoxoxoxox p.s has any1 herd of the edwards disease looks like my cousins baby might have it. and she is 4 months pregnant