Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

can i do this or not

my bf split up with me wen i first found out i was pregnant. im now 11wks pregnant and he is making my life like hell saying ill take u to court about the baby and also have dna done.
Then days later he says he dont want nothing to with the baby. Its been like this about 4 times now, he keeps changing my mind its not helpin me at all, as its just stressin me out.

i rather just bring this baby up on my own, it will be less hassle. but i know im goin to hav my surname for the baby

but is that possiable can i stop him in any way from seein the baby or is that wrong?

please advise me what i can do?

Replies

• I would advise get some distance for your sanity. This situation is clearly putting you under stress and this is not healthy for the baby.

Obviousely I dont know the full extent of why your relationship broke up but it sounds like he is being unfair and messing with your emotions. I presume it did not end amicably? Do you think he is wanting to get back with you and is being so irrational because of it? I think it is to early to be discussing preventing him from having access to child. If the child is his and he pulls his socks up and wants to care for him or her then unless the situation is untenable ie. he is violent or the child would be a risk I think you should try and give him the opportunity to be a father to his child. Please dont do what he seems to be doing and using your pregnancy as emotional leverage.

Get some space then try and talk again with a third party present if it helps to keep the situation calm
    Hope you work it out hun sounds tense for you right now x
  • hi i was in a similar situation to u in 2006 when i was pregnant with my daughter ex and his family didnt want me to have the baby kept telling me every day and by 11wks he was hitting me so i walked away didnt hear from him for a few wks then texes kept coming i want u back then im with some 1 now so fuckoff then i want u back stupid me took him back for 2 wks cause i couldnt take the stress anymore(we worked in the same store) so couldnt hide from him much went into labour early buy he was no help just shouted at me all the time cause i didnt have time for him by the time she was 9 days old he had left 3 times after that i told him c the baby but were finished for good this time he came twice and that was it i didnt hear off him till she was 8 mths and that was to take me to court he was happy to do that but not come to the hospital when she was ill at 4wks old. wont say its easy bringing a baby up on ur own but i managed and my daughter is doing fine her dad does have her twice a wk now had supervised visits till june last yr and has only now gone to 10 hr a wk and she is 2 hope u manage to find the strength to stay strong for the baby

take care becca x x