Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just can't get over it. Mother in laws!!!!

My baby was born I was on my way home and imagined I would get alot of family coming round to see my baby but I also thought i was gona be me my husband and me.
Nope!!!

My mother in law, speaks a different language turned up and stayed at our flat for 6 whole weeks! And in those six weeks she took over, made my baby too hot turned up the heating and gave him heat spots. And invited all her side of the family over and did not leave us alone. One of them came round when they were ill and my baby had just been born! hello?!?! And when i was watching something on the tv and left the room for one minute it was turned over. I just cant get over it.

Please help! Can anyone igve me advice??

Replies

• Is she still there? What does your oh think?
  • People will treat you the way you allow yourself to be treated. You have to stand up for yourself and take charge in situations where you feel powerless because no one will do it for you. Your MIL was wrong to take over, but you and your oh allowed her to do it. I think you need to lay down some ground rules for further visits. I'm sorry you're first six weeks with your baby were ruined.
  • No my mother in law is no longer around but she could turn up whenever she wants. though she doesnt like me now :P and she knows i dont like her. I hope image

Anyway its just the worries of us wanting another baby and i'm holding back because of her. And because of her ways, and her family being around me all the time Arggggghhhhhhh
  • When i had my first child and we went over to the mils she couldn't have been more interfering if she tried. We had a rule where nobody picked him up or cuddled him unless he was awake or just been fed because we didn't want him getting use to being cuddled then not settling properly. Anyway. We was at her house and we'd left him in the living room in his car seat asleep while we had dinner. As soon as she heard him even squeak she was up out of her chair and in the room checking on him which pi**ed me off just a tad. lol. when he finally woke up i was on my way in to give him his feed as i was breast feeding and she literally pushed past me and grabbed him out of his seat. What made it worse was he was hungry and wanting feeding but she thought bouncing him around would calm him down and as much as i was trying to be nice and say he wants me for his feed she carried on! In the end i grabbed him off her, walked out of the house and sat in the car and fed him just to calm down. Even now if he falls outside me or my partner will go and check on him but shes still there behind you making him cry more by overreacting like he's broke a limb. Why did they make mils sooooo bloody annoying??? lol. xxx

p.s sorry i rambled on for so long. Could go on for much longer about her. lol

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pps__.png

• Thats ok i'm glad u shared your story bringiton. I cant believe MIL either how can they be so intefereing. its sooooooo rude. :evil:
  • Mine comes to stay with me in three weeks time for three weeks...so dreading it!
  • Hi all,

its not just MIL's, i think my mum is going to be just the same. and to add to it shell prob tell me what a bad mum i am too and how little i know.

I am so so worried about it .

It should be a happy time - not so stressful!
    xx