Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do All New Mums Suufer The Same???

My Little Un is 8 weeks old and all me and my OH seem to do is row. Again tonight he has come in from the pub had his tea and gone to bed. I nipped up stairs and notice the blind in our roon had fallen down (Caused by OH opening window) so I put it back up. OH threw a fit and told mw all he wanted was 1 hour of peace and quite. I never get any me time and am always with the little un even if I leave her with him to get a shower i am told to be quick. He moans he is tired and I get loads of sleep and he gets very little (I do all the night feeds!!!). Told him to pack his bags but hes still hear, upstairs asleep!
Dont know if its just the fact we are both tired and getting at each other or am I being a cow. Do all relationships suffer rows like this after little one is born?? Please could some one out there give me a clue before I stab his eyes out with a blunt knife (only kidding I thnk?)

Replies

• Options
    It probably is just the tiredness getting to both of you- tbh I am the selfish one in our relationship and I tend to be a bit like your oh. My dh is a stay at home dad so he is here while Im on mat leave and I must say most mornings I lie on while he gets up with our kids and gets them breakfast.

It is a difficult time but it will pass.

Do talk about it thought don't just bottle things up- but wait till your both calm. Maybe try to get a babysitter and go for a meal together or do something you would have done before lo arrived, just to feel lke a couple again.
  • Options
    It will get better with time. It might help if you tell him that you're tired to and would love a bit of peace and quiet too. Look after yourself and try and talk to him.
  • Options
    Hi,
    First of all congratulations on being a Mummy!
    Secondly, I promise it will get easier. We went through the same over tiredness which then makes you snap quicker and then you feel over sensitive-it's a flippin' nightmare!! Doesn't stop but does get less and less if that makes sense?!
    Will get better as little one sleeps longer at night but I would give talking to him a go. It's always worth a try.
    Good luck and hope it helps.
  • Options
    Hiya, when I had our daughter I couldn't believe the strain it put on our relationship. We were both overtired which made us both snappy with each other and I felt really let down by him as I didn't feel he helped me enough after my C section. He on the other hand thought I was criticising everything he did with our LO and that I was watching over him. I made the situation worse because I bottled things up didn't ask him to do certain things and then silently seethed when he couldn't read my mind lol!It is a really tough time and I think sometimes we just have tell them when we need help and how their making us feel.
    I have to say though didn't he get his hour to himself when he was in the pub, is there no chance you could do the same one afternoon meet up with your friends and get a break and let dad have some one on one time with bubs? xxx

Ps use a sharp knife they'll come out quicker hahaha xxx

[Modified by: snappyloz on April 12, 2009 12:23 AM]

• Options
    HI To All that Replied.

After I had made the post and calmed down we sat and had a natter bout how I was feeling and OH pointed out that I needed to stop pretending I was super woman and let him have a chance to help with the little un (Didnt realise I was being a bit of a cow) and that he will let me have me time. Hopefully from now on calm will ensue.
    Thanx all you are stars x