Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Dr.s have conflicting info, I am worried

Hi. I am between 11 and 8 wks prenant. I am 31 yrs young and this is my 3rd prenancy, although it has been 10 yrs. since my youngest was born, so it has been a while. I had my 1st prenatal appt. last week. When the Dr. gave me an ultrasound, she said that th baby was too small, more like 6 weeks versus the 10 weeks that was based on th 1st day of my last period, and that the babys heart beat was not strong. She asked me to come back 5 days later for a follow up ultrasound, to make sure that the baby had grown and the heartbeat had increased. When I went back for the f/u ultrasound, the baby had grown, but the Dr. could not find a heartbeat. She sent me to the radiology dept. and I got another u/s where they did find a heartbeat. Another Dr. talked to me about the results of the 2nd u/s and he advised that the baby measured about 8 weeks and the heartbeat was slower than usual, but not to worry about it, because it is common for heartbeats to increase as the baby grows.

I have another appt in 3 days, but in the mean time I am a complete mess with worry! I am 2nd guessing myself. Questioning whether or not I am still having pregnancy symptoms, etc.. I keep telling myself to stay positive, but it is hard. Last night I began feeling a sharp pain right above my pubic bone. It came and went for about 15 minutes, when I layed down it went away. I havent spotted or anything, but I am looking for anyone that has been thru an experience similiar to mine.

Replies

• hi hun, didnt want to read and run, sorry i cant offer any advice apart form just hang in there for the next 3 days till your next scan, the fact that they found a heart beat is positive and you have to try and hold on to that, when i had my m/cs there was definitely no heartbeat and the sac hadnt grown, I know its hard but just try to keep positive. xxx
  • Thank you Haley1. I am trying to stay positive, but I had some light spotting after my last bowel movements. It has happened three times and I am ceratin that it is coming from my vagina. I have no more cramps and feel fine. I am so confused, one minute I feel like everything is going to be okay and the next I am having not so good signs. I hope everything works out!
  • keeping everything crossed for you. please let me know how you get on hope it all goes well. xxx