Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Little Miracles Do Happen...

I just wanted to share my story, in case anyone else has had or is having a similar experience... I have always had irregular periods but my GP prescribed Dianette - a contraceptive pill which also helps with skin problems, to regulate my periods. I was o n Dianette for a couple of years but had to stop taking it at 19 yeards old as I needed an operation. I was going to wait for my periods to return normally before going back on the pill, but they never came back. I went to my GP who just kept saying that I should take the pill again but my main concern was whether I could have babies or not. After lots of nagging on my side he sent me for hospital tests & scans which all came back inconclusive & my partner & I were told we may need treatment if we ever wanted a family. We were devastated as by now we'd saved up a deposit for a house & wanted a family sooner rather than later. Anyway, to cut a long story short, we conceived naturally which was a big surprise & now have a baby girl. So to anyone who is having a hard time ttc, miracles can happen. Hope this post can help someone. xx

Replies

• After 11 years without periods, many tests, operations, investigations, painful sex, ovarian cysts, cervix erosion, patches of endometriosis and so on and so on and so on, I never thought we'd conceive naturally but guess what.....I found out I was pregnant the week before we were due to begin fertility treatment - the biggest and best surprise ever!!! Barnaby is 3 weeks old tomorrow and the love of my life!
  • Hiye Bubbub & Trackieann, Congratulations on your little bundles!! I had shivers down m spine when I read your replies, I'm glad all worked out well for you both in the end. xx