Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

this may sound silly!!!

i have had one daughter 2 miscarriges 1 at 5 weeks so it was not bad but one at 13 weeks which was like being in labour does this class as a labour?will the birth of the baby be faster?sorry if im just being blonde was just not sure?

Replies

• it should be faster but did you have your daughter naturally or by c-section because that would make all the difference i don't think it would count as a labour although i know it hurts like one [i had a m/c at 14 weeks] but because the baby is so small at that point the cervix doesn't have to open that much....anita xx
  • yeah had a normal birth with my daughter?sorry to hear you m/c too its not a very nice thing to deal with?did you know there was aproblem?had you been scanned sorry if it is too many questions x
  • Hi faithlouise. Havent seen any posts from you recently (unless i havent been looking properly) so just wondered how you were doing? Hope all is well with you. love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • sorry it took so long to answer i completely missed the post. i felt there was a problem right from the start as the pregnancy was completely different from my others and i had an early scan vaginally(horrible) and there was a sac but no egg and i had another one a couple of weks after and the baby was there then i started losing blood at 14 weeks and they said there was no heartbeat and i was induced so they could remove what was left it was agony the big difference between that and proper labour was that at least you know you'll have your baby at the end of it so you develop amnesia. i'm dreading having this one cause the last labour was so quick and i was only in established labour for 10 minutes as before that i didn't dilate with the pains and they kept saying i would have to go home but this time they are prepared and have been told that if i come in and say i'm having pains i have to stay and they can't even turn their back on me in case i have it (always assuming i have time to get to the hospital)......sorry i been waffling a bit ...anita xx
  • hi bluebird im fine thank you almost 16 weeks pregnant now hope you are well too xx anita im so sorry that must have been terrible when i misscarried at 13 weeks i have never felt so much pain or seen so much blood in my life its one of those thing that i think will always stick in the back of my mind there is always that wonder with this pregnancy i had an early scan prob being the only day they could do it was on my due date for the baby i lost but in some ways it made a hard day i was dreading that bit eaiser xxx hope you are ok xx