Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Men who lie

Something weird happenend last night. I went out with my gf's, by the time I came home at 9pm, OH had already put lo to bed. Lo started stirring a little around 1030pm and I asked OH if I should change her diaper. as she might be wet. He said he had already changed her diaper before he put her to bed. I managed to get lo back to sleep and when getting up for her 5am feed, I changed her diaper to find he actually didn't change it. I knew because I had a different diaper on since we borrowed one from my niece. She was completely soaked, and I told OH that I thought he had changed it and he was very insistent. that he did and then slept on the couch. I didn't get angry. I find it strange and can't figure out why he would lie about something so random. :?

Replies

• ok i a writing this the second time coz someone broke into my account changed my password and deleted my previouse entry.

So here are the facts:
    1)You were hanging out with your male friend untill midnight
    2) I have changed her diapers but i must have put back the old one - this has never happend in Clo's short 5 month old life, but of course i had to hear about it and was called a lier.Honest mistake which sholdnt have happend but i am not a lier..
    3) It was me who fed her at 5am and after making her fall back asleep i decided for a couch. I wanted to get my rest on but wasnt able to continue my sleep in our bed since you have busted out the laptop.

...this is really silly :roll:

[Modified by: gabe26 on March 02, 2008 08:02 AM]

• And you aren't silly? Cos most mature men would discuss this with their partner rather than reacting on here.
  • dont you think that comment above also applies to the one who started this topic? I had to find out about this reading on the net....and to answer your question yes this is immature and i am silly

[Modified by: gabe26 on March 02, 2008 05:29 PM]

• No, because what you will find is that when we women come on here we talk as if we are talking to friends we have known all our lives, we are able to say what we think and get an honest response from others about whether or not they think we are overreacting. So yes, perhaps your partner should have spoken to you, but she came on here to see what others would advise. Your LO is 5 months old, and at that age hormones can still be running riot and I'm guessing she wanted to check she was being reasonable before starting any kind of disagreement with you.

TBH I think you need to talk to her, and about more than this post as if you feel the need to go trawling the net after her you are more than immature and silly, you have problems. I may be being harsh, but I'm being honest with you.
  • My lady i was not trawling the net after her- way to jump into conclusions - this was displayed on our family laptop. Also if she wanted an honest opinion she would have listed the facts not the twisted more watered down version to gain sympathy and a flock of yes mam's . This was just another ploy to make herself feel better and have another outlet for her complains.

TBH this way she hears my side of the things coz otherwise its all in and out. I may be harsh, but i am just being honest we need desperately tools for communication