Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone with a one year old and having a 2nd baby in october?

Hi

Just looking for some advice on how to cope.

Really worried but have heard that people do manage with having two so close.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• hi, cant give you any advice yet as baby number two isnt here yet, my dd will be one on the 1st sept and im baby number two will be here on the 8th sept so i will be in a similar situation.

i have spoke to a couple of people on here that are in the same situation and they put my mind at ease, its not the easiest thing in the world, but its totaly worth it they said.

HTH even if just a tiny bit!

Shel x
  • hi, cant give you any advice yet as baby number two isnt here yet, my dd will be one on the 1st sept and im baby number two will be here on the 8th sept so i will be in a similar situation.

i have spoke to a couple of people on here that are in the same situation and they put my mind at ease, its not the easiest thing in the world, but its totaly worth it they said.

Shel x

Shel x
  • Hi my ds1 was 10 months and 2 days old when ds2 was born and i wont lie its hard work you need a good routine and be prepared for no time to yourself lol But it does get easier as they get bigger as ds2 is now 7 weeks and i manage fine but i keep to a time line for things, but like joanne said at first it was auto pilot but my dd who is 6 helps loads.
    vikki xx
  • I due November, but more likely to be October as Im having ID Twin Boy. I already have a 1 year old son born 11th August 2007. I think you just adapt. Everyone one else seems to be worrying about it but me. They all say how you going to cope, well you just cant change the situation you just get on with it. Millions of peole cope. Have you looked into any organisations that offer help like Home Start, we have Family First. Do you have family nearby? My son goes to a childminder as I work parttime at the moment, I have no family support as they all live in England so have to rely on hubby and friends for extra help, we also live 5 miles out of a village so I have to be independent and get myself out and about otherwise I would be isolated. You will manage I never thought Id cope with 1 but have done. Intially I found it hard being an older first time mum at 34 (is that old?), but you get through it and its worth it. You just need to be organised.

30 weeks pregnant with ID Twin Boys and Mum to Luke 1 year and 2 weeks
  • I have an 18month old and am due in Nov. I am worried too but feel sure it will easier to be normal looking after 2 children than to be pregnant looking after 1. I agree with the other girls- routine, routine and routine (with the odd bit of bribary, off loading to granny and disposables!)
    Good Luck x ;\)