Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ex trouble

my ex has now decided he wants to try and tell me what i can and cant do with our daughter he left when she was 9 days old and didnt want to see her till she was 8mths old even though she was rushed into hospital twice by the time she was 6 wks old said he was scared of being a dad(all his family didnt want me to have her) ive moved on and have a new man and he has been fine about this for mths but now he wont leave me alone alwasy sending me texes late at night and wanting to know what im doing its really getting to me oh is really good about it but i just dont think it fair him having a go at me all the time when he does nothing for her were off back to court again in aug so think this is why he is being like this wants something he can use against me ive started smoking again and im starting too lose my head with him and dont want it happening around dd

sorry for the rant needed to get things out before he gets here

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry to know that your ex did that to you and hes bothering you.
    You need to tell him that you are not with him anymore and if you dont want him to knwo about anything that goes on in your life then just let him know or ignore him.

Let him see his daughter if he wants but your life is yours now and he doesnt really have the right to be nosy. Maybe if hes wondering about your daughter and making sure shes okay then fine but not if hes obsessed with wanting to know.

I hope you get it sorted x
  • Options
    he does see her tues and fri for 3 hrs a time but the time he wants her its while she is still in nap time and ive offered him different times and days but he is complaining he will be tired welcome to my world cause she dont sleep much at night.

thats the thing he wants to know everything even down to who my landlord is ive told him its nothing to do with him and he ends up having a go at me saying am being funny with him 90% of the texes i get aint about the baby he has even been told by his solicitor that he is only to tex about seren and only during the day

im so p****ed off right now started to have a go at me infront of the baby and i aint going to stand for that
  • Options
    hi hon,
    sorry you're having a rough time with your ex, dont have any words of wisdom im afraid but just wanted to suggest you keep a record of the texts he sends, time of day...the visits and 'discussions' which take place ready for when you go to court.
    hope all goes well and he wakes up and realises what an idiot hes being, please try and keep calm he really isnt worth it!
    good luck! x
  • Options
    It sounds like he's upto something! I would be very careful. Dont tell him anything about your private life.
  • Options
    ive had a good chat with oh mum today and she said he is up to something too just have to bite my tounge and wait till we go to court to find out what hes up to thanks for your help girl really needed to c what others thought about whats going on x x x x
  • Options
    hi hes doing this as a form of control over you using the baby as an excuse. my advise is to tell your solicitor to send a warning letter and if nes go to the police for harrassment against him else it will never stop. the court deals with contact and alot are in favour of the dad having contact. Ask for supervised visits at a contact centre and dont give him any info or he'll cause trouble. hes probably not liking the fact youve moved on and i bet he wont like a new man either being with you. ive been through this and you need help. Womens aid can also help and support you as it is a form of domestic violence. It doesnt have to be physical but mentally and pyschologically too. act or hel make your life miserable in the future.
  • Options
    thanks brevi hes been worned once about it but just wont listen my solicitor is away till the 6th aug and were on in court 8th so ill have to tell her down there. i asked for a contact centre and they told me the home is the best place as my daughter is very fussy with new places ive already got on the court records that the reason i left was due to domestic violence i just wish he would go away and leave us alone im even thinking of moving away from my family just so there is some distance between us i couldn even go back to work cause he is spredding lies about me there