Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Putting a strain onour relationship

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have an 18 month old daughter. Recently I have noticed that we always seem to be 'getting' at each other. Before when one of us was tired the other one would take over but now we seem to be taking it out on each other. We don't seem to be enjoying each others company like we used to and wondered if anyone could make any suggestions please?

Replies

• no suggestions hun just to say its totally normal ...who had more sleep..who works hardest...who got time to sit down and eat today ,....etc etc ,its like that for lots and lots of parents ....all i can say is try and be sympathetic towards your husband when he says something like the above ....(even if through gritted teeth) try and arrange a babysitter and a nice night out just for the 2 of you something u both liked doing before you were just mummy and daddy image hth xxxxx
  • I can totally sympathise with you hun, my relationship got a bit like this over the last few months, basically because my oh was working so much and i felt like i was bringing the kids up alone. It felt like it was tit for tat and we would compare who had done more than the other, which would cause arguments.
    Eventually we sat down and had a long chat and realised we both had very hectic and tiring days and we come to a compromise. Try and sit down and have a long chat about how your both feelng x x