Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pregnant again how will i cope

my litle one is only 5 months and just found out i am pregnant. i really dont know if i am going to handle two small babies. i suffer from depression and dont want this to make me worse some days i cope brill and others feel terrible. anyone else had babies so close togeher who could give my advice?

Replies

• hi i've not had 2 babies close together, and i'm only on number one, but just wanted to say that i'm sure you will do fine. the fact you know you suffer from depression means that all the people around you (and yourself) are aware of it and therefore would pick up on any problems far quicker than if it was completely unexpected. 2 young children may be hard but at least it wont be such a shock to the system 2nd time around, as number 1 wont be a distant memory, you'll have a lot of the baby stuff already and you'll have the know how as it wont be 1st time mummy with lots of new advice (which isn't likely to change much between now and then) now you know you are pregnant it might be worth buying the larger things as unisex from now on as at least then you'll know you're getting a good amount of time out of them for your money. also as they grow they are likely to be interested in the same things so you wont have to struggle to find things that they will both enjoy, for instance you wont be feeding the ducks with a stroppy teenager moaning at the side of you because its so uncool and boring!
    good luck and congratulations
  • SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!!!!!! I had my 1st 2 very close together, my 1st was born 3rd Nov 2000, my 2nd 4th Sept 2001 giving us a 10 month age gap. I won't lie, it is hard work but worth it in my opinion - they're now 7 & 6, both girls, and I now have 2 boys as well, aged 3 & 1 and am pg with our 5th.

The best thing for me was not only support from my dh but from friends and family too, not just with baby stuff etc but just by being there when I needed help or to just talk - a great support network is definitely worth its weight in gold! Also, in a way it'll be easier for you regarding the care and handling of ur new baby as it will still be so fresh in ur mind from ur 1st. There won't be so much of the 'am I doing this right' or 'how will I know what cry means what' and all that stuff that all 1st time mums worry about which will make things a tad less stressful for you.

Wish you all the best hun, take care and many congrats image xxx