Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So upset

Just got off the phone from my doctors and he has confirmed i am not ovulating. We have been trying for so long and i was sort of expecting it but was horrible to hear. we already know MrC has fertility issues and the chance of conceiving at the mo wwas very slim, but this just adds to the crap! We were really looking forward to this evening as i have finally finished my degree and we are getting our wedding photos tonight, but now i feel like crap. Why is life so s**t! :cry:

Replies

• After a year of ttc I had blood tests done, and was told that my progesterone levels were way too low and it was very unlikely I was ovulating - but I found out I was pregnant that same week!

Sometimes things happen when you least expect them - don't give up hope! Have you looked into IVF? You can get it free if you are under 40.
  • Sorry to hear your news but please don't give up. Jazzycat is an inspriation here finding out she was pg in the same week and surely now they can give you something to make you ovulate? I had the same situation and found out I was pregnant the week I was due to start taking the treatment so there is hope. Try and enjoy your evening with hubby and keep on practising! Sending you lots of baby dust!!
    xxx
  • Oh bummer. I'm really, really sorry.

Could IVF be an option? My friend has just become pg with her second course of IVF. They had been trying for 4 1/2 years. They felt so hopeless and upset but it can happen with perserverence and a bit of luck. Keep the faith hun, J x
  • Hi hon,

really sorry to hear your news.....could it be stress related. i know you've just got married and finished your course....maybe your body knew the time wasnt quite right (or maybe im talking complete rubbish)..

i hope youve got some support available to get the help and information you may need.

big hugs

xx
  • after trying for 3 years we were told that my ex had hardly any sperm and the ones he had were on a go slow !! add that to me ovulating every blue moon we never thought we would conciece naturally and signed up for fertility treatment... the week before my appointment i discovered i was pregnant and have a very hansom 10 year old now!! i then remarried and although hubby has an exelent sperm rate and function it still took 2 1/2 years and a miscarraige to be pregnant again ( im 28 wks today )
    so as the consultant says it only takes 1 egg and 1 sperm to make a baby so never give up hope but (and this is the hard bit ) don't obsess get a hobby ,take up sport anything to fill your head with different things cos it seems the more you obsess about it the less chance you have of concieving!!??
    i wish you luck and hope to see you on the pregnancy forum soon
    fea x
  • thank you for your support. MrC and i had a chat last night but it ended in alot of tears. I guess i was just reeling from what i had been told. Still feeling crap, but hopefully i will get some answers tomorrow after seeing the doctor (i hope). you ladies have given me some hope, its just so hard waiting and wondering. :\(
  • Dear Cal1312
    My name is ness im in australia and i was told the same thing i had my daughter at a very young age of 18 she is now 11 i was told 3 years a go that i had polysistic overies and that i was not ovulating. it broke my heart and my daughters dad was there for me then abiout this time 2 years ago i was told that i had to have the siyst removed a year later i was pregnant and i have just lost it to a missed mc I dont want to scare you but it might not happen to you my hint is get off all contruseption and live life and you never know what might happen as i was not rying for a baby it was a 1 night stand
  • Thanks for your message miss ness, so sorry you have had a missed mc. i came off the pill over 4 years agoa dn sonce then me and MrC have been using other methods. we have been trying for almost a year now and it is really hard seeing everyone fall pg and we cant. I am seeing my consultant next week and having a scan but i am dreading what he will say. I cant stop thinking about it and i know its taking over everything, i cant help it. I wish i could get it out of my mind, hopefully we will have answers on tuesday and that may help, then again he may tell us something we cant handle. im really worried it will drive a wedge between me and MrC, i really dont want it to. so scared.. :\(
  • Hello again ca1312. I can understand how it's taken over completely. I had to watch for years whilst lots of our friends had children and my hubby wasn't ready so we waited patiently. It cut me up so badly when we lost our first pg this year at 12 wks in April.

I don't think it will drive a wedge between you and your OH. There will be bad days but I'm sure it will make you stronger in the long term. Can you book a holiday somewhere? How about something or busy or active to take your mind off things? Going abroad always changes things in my head a bit.

Take care sweetie, Jo x
  • Hello again ca1312. I can understand how it's taken over completely. I had to watch for years whilst lots of our friends had children and my hubby wasn't ready so we waited patiently. It cut me up so badly when we lost our first pg this year at 12 wks in April.

I don't think it will drive a wedge between you and your OH. There will be bad days but I'm sure it will make you stronger in the long term. Can you book a holiday somewhere? How about something or busy or active to take your mind off things? Going abroad always changes things in my head a bit.

Take care sweetie, Jo x
  • hi there ca1312 it will be ok dont stress hun that will make it worse. think of the positive. i wish i never had the rotten pill and the depo needle since i had them i have had nothing but problems. and if MrC was any type of husband he will stick by you if not he's not worth it. you do have more choices now of becoming a mum if you cant have them. theres surragancy or ivf. i will be thinking of you please let me know how you get on. im here if you need a shoulder to cry on