Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ex partner giving me nightmares

Just need to talk.
My 7 year old's father has been coming over to see him on alternate weekends. We split up when he was a baby because I could not cope with his drinking. Over the tears I have given him lots of chances of being a good father as i know my son loves him, but it always ends in tears with me being seen as 'bad mum'. His dad has no idea about caring for his son. When my son went to stay with his dad for weekends, he never had a wash, let alone bath and wore the same clothes. The biggest worry was that if his father had too much to drink he would get into fights and would even forget my son was there.
So I stopped my son going over there and said that his father would have to come to mine to see him.
Well the last time he came, he took my son and told me I wasn't having him back. I know he had been drinking and so I had to call the police. He was missing for about 5 hours,but when the police found him he was back at home and there were other people there. So the police told me they had no rights to go in and take him and he had promised to bring him back the next day. They told me to seek legal advice to stop him doing it again.

I am having bad dreams at the moment where both my sons are being taken away from me and i wake up crying. I am 25+5 days pregnant and at risk of going into premature labour as both my sons were early.
Although I haven't sought legal advice yet, I have been told that the childrens health unit are going to do a risk assessment on my sons dad and if they are not happy they will issue an order which will give the police power to remove my son from his father in future.
I have tried to let my son have a relationship with him, but I am worried for his safety.
Sorry bout the long thread.