Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

really confused

i've not been on here for some time, but anyway a bit of background first;

I met my husband at school 15ish years ago where we were great friends, just as things got kinda romantic 5 years after that, his family moved away taking him with them.

i got over it met someone else who turned out to be a complete arse, having had 3 children first eldest of which has autism probably from my side of the family as i have dyspraxia and they are both on the autistic spectrum.

when my youngest was a year old i met up with my old boyfriend we started seeing each other 2 years on got married and was pregnant on my wedding day without even realising it.

so now we have 4 wonderful children which i feel is perfect and he asks me yesterday when we can try for another baby, i say i don't think i want anymore at the moment and he say's "please just let me have 2 of my own" now making me feel really guilty because i have nothing against having more children it's just the practical side of things, our house is too small for the children we've got, with each child we have there is another chance of it having autism and it's hard enough with just 1 disabled child.

I don't know what to do now

Replies

• This might sound a bit like an obvious answer but DO NOT get pregnant until you are 101% sure its what you want.

Weigh up the situation the pros and cons and decide- everyone is different but I would say four kids is plenty!! I am having my third (and last) I definately don't want any more but then neither does oh.

I wouldn't rush to make a decision- you sound like you haven't thought much about it so maybe now that he has put the idea in your head you may think in a few months time that actually it IS a good idea- you never know.

If you do decide against it and oh mentions it again just explain how you feel bout the size of your house and risk of autism etc. I'm sure he will understand.