Forum home› Family life & relationships› Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missed Misscarraige

Hi All

I could do with some advice i found ou today that i have had my second misscarraige this year.

Going for a EPRC tomorrow

My question is : is there any way to find out why this happened again?

My head was all over the place earler so forgot to ask

Thanks
Cazz

Replies

• poor you so sorry that this has happened to you again. i had mmc in april so know how hard it will be for you.
    speak to drs tomorrow and ask everything you need to know.
    look after yourself, big hugs becs xxx
  • Ah Cazz, I'm so sorry for you. I dont think you can always say why these things happen but I'm sure your doctor will be able to refer to the relevant place for tests if you ask (thats assuming they dont offer to anyway). I cant offer you any advice or anything, but you have my email if you want to chat. Just say the word. I hope it goes as well as it can do tomorrow, and my thoughts are with you both. Hugs xx
  • Thanks for rhe messages girls it just so frustrating when you don't know what you have done wrong.

Hopefully it will go ok tomorrow,

Cazz

• Cazz

I've had 2 missed mc, after the 2nd i had an ante-natal appointment booked which i kept anyway, i was lucky to have a Dr who would do the basic tests that she was able to do for me, even though they shouldn't have been done till i'd had 3, in all there were 9 tests she did including liver function, lupus and thyroid. All results came back satisfactory for me so didn't really find out anything from them other than there was nothing obviously wrong. That was in mid january. On easter monday i had a feeling i was pregnant, so 2 days early i did a clearblue test and it was postive, am now 15+3 and with aid of my own doppelar know there is a strong little hearbeat going on. When i first saw the word pregnant i felt fear and panic, and when i had a small bleed at 6wk i was convinced that was it, another one not strong enough.

Please don't give up trying, i as well as lots of other people on this site know that it is a horrendous time but get through tomorrow and then take it a day at a time, don't let anyone rush your or your oh's grief.

Thinking of you, hope everything went ok today for you x
  • Thanks Obi1

Everything went ok well as k as it could do.
    I asked at the hospital whether they coud look into the reason why? - Nurse said they don't bother till you have had 3 which i think is a bit unfair really but he ho we just have to get in with it.
    Been advised to wait 2 months before trying again.

Thanks for the messages
    cazz

• Obi1
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, much appreciated X
  • Hi Cazz,

I'm really sorry to hear lightning has struck twice. It seems so cruel that they wont test after 2 mc's but my friend who is a doc has tried to explain to me that sadly, as mc is so common, it happens twice to lots of perfectly healthy women who go on to have perfectly healthy babies. I know this can't be much comfort now though. It's such a profoundly distressing thing to go through once - let alone twice!!

Two months wait might seem like an awfully long time but it will fly by in a lot of ways. It will also give you time to heal mentally and emotionally. I've just found out I'm pg again after having an ERPC on 25 April so I'm a little worried I might not have given myself enough time to heal but only time will tell I guess.

Take care Cazz, J x x x
  • Hi, I found out at my scan last Friday that I've had my first missed miscarriage - was a bit of a shock cuz like a lot of people, I thought if you had a miscarriage, you bled, but that's obviously not always the case. I had d&c on Monday, and was also advised to wait two months before trying again - that two months can't come quickly enough. I've been having good days and bad days but me and my OH are trying to focus on the positive points - we know we're able to conceive, and also as the midwife pointed out, my body was still holding onto the pregnancy and working really hard to feed the baby all it needed, so as they said, it's very unlikely to have been anything to do with myself or OH, the baby just didn't develop as it should have done- unfortunately they're not likely to ever know why. It's amazing how much your life can change in just a few months isn't it - you find out you're having a baby and start making plans for how your future is gonna change, then in the blink of an eye, you find out it's not gonna be the way you expected, and your life changes again. I know it's no consolation now, but I've spoken to a lot of people who've had more than one mmc and still gone on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies - just hope and pray we'll all get there in the end. Good luck to everyone, and Cazz, hope it's third time lucky for you, and we'll be back on this website soon with some much better news! xx
  • hi cazz, just wondered how you are and did you get over erpc ok?
    love becsxx
  • Hi Bec73

Sorry its taken a while to reply been away for a quiet week.

Not feeling to bad at the moment although i think my emotons are up and down at the moment one minute i'm fine next crying .

Thanks for all the messages it heps to tak to people

Cazz

P.s fingers crossed for everyone
  • Hi all

Have recently found out I am 5 nearly 6 wks pregnant! I am really happy yet cannot get excited for fear of what has happened before.....I gave bith to one perfectly healthy/happy 3 yr old in May '04 text book preg & birth, I then fell preg again at end of 04, shocked but delighted went for 12 wk scan (only worried about whether it would be twins!) to find no hb and that the baby's head hadn't formed properly, after having to give birth to the baby we later found out it was a quite rare desease called "exencephaly". We then after much deliberation decided to give it another go, I fell preg again in Nov '06 & was scared to death was given an early scan at 8 weeks just after new year to find just the gestational sac had formed but no baby!

Firstly has anyone experienced losing a baby to "exencephaly"? I only seem to be able to find people that have experienced "anencephaly"!

And secondly can anyone give me support & a lift for this pregnancy?

x x x x
  • Hey,

I have had 2 miscarriages too, first one was at 5+5 and came out spontaneously and this second one was a missed miscarriage and I delivered my baby with a help of medicine at 11+3 weeks.

It is so hard to go through this second one, I think I am falling into depression(feel tired, not willing to do anything, never smiling..just don't feel like doing anything at all). This second one only occurred few weeks back, so it's very recent.

I am very sorry that you have gone through this too, it is so hard. If you(any of you) want to talk about it, you can add me to your msn, annika_sainio@ hotmail.com.
  • sorry to hear that uv had 2 misscarriages. I had one ten years ago when i was 20 weeks its devestating. My doctor refered me to hosp for a cervical neck scan. This checks the neck of the womb for weaknesses. I got pregnant before the appoint came through and had a boy. If loss is before 12 weeks docs normally say its hormonal.