Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

something positive please!!

Hi I'm new on here and was hoping someone might be able to put my mind a bit at ease. I'm 35 and would really love children one day. Unfortunately the man i thought it would happen with left me last year for someone else after being together for 7 years and really since then it has been on my mind that I may never have kids because i just might not meet the right person at an age when i can have them. My fears are mostly from the media as everywhere i look there seems to be an article written about how after 35 your chances of getting pregnant are very slim etc. and i'm just feeling quite down about the whole thing. I feel like everyone i know has had children now and i've been saying congratulations to other people for years and years. I'm not desperate to have a baby right now but it would be reassuring to feel that it may happen one day....
Any positive response will be hugely appreciated!

Replies

• wow thanks everyone, this has been really helpful...
  • Hi Betsy

I wouldn't worry too much about your age, there are women having thier first into their forties these days. If we look back to our grandmothers and their mothers, they were all having children until thier mid forties. I think we've just become more aware of younger people having children but I think that you may have to me more careful when you're a little older, there is still plenty of time for you.

Hope this helps. x
  • hi, i have lots of friends who are 35+ and they have had no probelms, actually 3 of them were not planned pregnancies!! I think there are increased risks when your older but that could be sais about almost anything in pregnancy and of course yes there is a decrease in how many eggs you produce, so i guess time is a small issue. Vicsy is right, try not to worry, take care xxxx.
  • i'm 39 and just had my 1st baby, who is now 5 months old. so never give up hope. x