Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

geeluing poo!

sorry ladies but i need to wirte. For those of you who dont know me my hubby had a fit last september and was diagnosed with a brain tumour in november. I feel like I am the only person in the world like this I feel like I have no emotional supprt and I just dont know what to do. Phil has another scan on 18 jan and we get the results on 24 jan but what do we do if the tumour has changed. How do you deal with this sort of news. I cant cope any more and I feel so selfish. I have got nobcdy to support me but I feel like i should be supporting him, I am so scared that I am going to lose him. I want my old life back but I know its just not going to happen. I am scared beyond belief and I just want to run and hide and wake up and find that this is happenomg to some-onne else. sorry to sound like such a misery but I just dont know what todo

Hayley x

Replies

• Oh hunny i wish i could make it all better for you, it's a horrible situation, i just can't imagine how it must feel.
    You are not selfish you are just worried and it is completely understandable. Are there any support groups or councelors that can help you to deal with things?
    You know that there is always someone on here to chat to even if we haven't been through it you always have somewhere to let off steam or get things off your chest.
    I hope everything goes well, please let us know.
    Sending hugs and lots of good luck!
    Jo xx
  • Dont know what to say but didnt want to r & r. Am gutted to read whats happening to you. I'm with Jo - your not selfish at all. I hope things turn out ok for you, keep us posted Hayley xx
  • Hey Hayley your not selfish. Its understandable that your scarred you love him and hes your world and it feels like its being torn from under your feet. As sillymoo asked have you managed to speak to pro counsellor yet? Im sure you are there for him hun,more than you realise so stop trying to be wonder woman. Chin up honey and your both in my prayers. XXX
  • thanks ladies, blimey just read my message back and sound like im ready to be carted off to the loony bin. Still guess I'm gonna have bad days now and then especially with the scan and results coming up so soon, hopefully there will be no changes and then we will have either 6 months or 12 months till the next scan so hopefully we can relax a bit more if thats possible. Havent spoken to the councellor yet but hv coming round today to let me know how things are progressing on that front, also my hv is very good she used to be a psychiatric nurse so shes very good at listening.

Hayley xx
  • Good ,mela ask her hun to ref u as this is not something to take likely and im sure it will help to speak to people who really know what your going through, Maybe u can even chat to wifes that are in d same boat as u. I personally think your doing gr8 and i have no idea how i would cope.