Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Someone to talk to

Hi, i suffered a miscarridge last year. I have pco so was quite shocked to get pregnant so quickly. Ive been trying since and no such luck. Have just started testing for fertility. Would just like someone to talk to really. 

Replies

• Hi didnt want to read and run

Sorry for your loss, its a hard and horrid thing to go through xx

I had 2 m/c last year one in july and one december, i dont have pco but i do only have 1 ovary and tube so know how hard it is to fall pregnant, hence our shock last year to fall twice and then again to fall this year in feb! it took me a long time to fall with my first he is now 18 months old. xxx

• Thank unfor your response. Just feel rubbish sometimes. Hopefully the tests will put my mind at ease and i will relax.
  • Hey Kim, I don't have pco, however, I did have 2 miscarriages in 1 year, then difficulty falling pregnant after that. After my second miscarriage it took me about a year and 8 months to get pregnant. After a year of ttc with no luck DH and I went through testing. We were to start IUI in November last year when I fell pregnant naturally.

Don't lose hope, it happened once so it can and will happen again. The testing did help me feel better and gave us some answers.
  • hi Kim

When will you get some answers from your tests? for me the first thing they did was a lap & dye test to make sure my tube i had left was not blocked, it was only a quick opp and didnt have to stay in over night or any thing.

xxx

• Wont fet any answers until all the tests are done. I need a scan to. Is It me or does it feel that everyone is getting around is getting pregnant apart from you!?
  • Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can help:

Me and my husband have our first appointment at guys hospital on Tuesday and I don't know what to expect.

My Husbands got a cancer gene running through his family that's why we enquired about PGD, we have to go through ivf anyway as I suffer with crohns disease in my ileum and had to have surgery which has resulted in my right fallopian tube being scarred and my fsh slightly high.
    The hard part is they haven't done PGD on these gene before, so it can take up to 2 years investigation before we can actually start treatment and hope it works for us to have our family.

We don't know whether to wait or go down normal ivf .... does anyone know how long the waiting list is for normal ivf in Brighton area?
    I'm just so emotionally and physically drained I just want our family. We have been trying naturally 2 years and started with the hospital this year time seems to be going so slow!!!

I hope someone has any advice to help.
    Thank you for you time x

I'm really dory for your losses .... I haven't been through a miscarriage but my friend has and she had to go through fertility tests too. I hope it all works out for you and you get the positive ending. x

• Hi Kim! Sorry to hear about your loss. You are very strong. We are here with you, please let us know how this develops. Hugs!