Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Work Stress

Hi,

My place of work has recently changed hands and the new owner has turned out to be a nightmare to work with, my stress levels over the last few weeks have gotten worse and yesterday it was just too much so I walked out in floods of tears.

I was that worked up last night i barely slept and was getting horrible pains though out the night. I don't know if this was due to all the stress i was put under.

I came back to work this morning only to have the boss have another go at me the second I walked in, then preceded to ignore me for the rest of the morning. I've never felt so uncomfortable and found myself sobbing every 5 minutes.

I only have 2 weeks left of work before i go on my leave but i really don't think I can last that long, I don't know whether to speak to my midwife or go straight to the doctor and ask if I can be signed off for stress.

Can anyone give me advice of what to do?

Has anyone else been through something similar?

Thanks.

Replies

• Hi Laura! Wow that's a challenging situation. You are doing a great job by staying calm but this should not take so much energy! I agree that you should handle this asap without waiting to go on leave. I think you should go straight to your doctor now. Good luck and keep us posted! Don't let them exploit you!

• I agree that you should leave now, the situation sounds ridiculous.......but I believe that your employer can insist that you start your maternity leave, rather than be signed off sick, it's got to be worth it though just to get rid of the stress!!!!!

Good luck x x x

• Hi Laura,

I have just come across the posting and really would like to know how you got on, Did you take the maternity leave as planned, there appeared to be two options that you were considering. In any case i really do hope that all is well, will appreciate to hear from you,