Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

In law family drama advice needed

Since the birth of my daughter the relationship with my other half side particularly the mother and grandmother has become pretty strange - they make silly comments about how they don't get to see my daughter enough etc when I always used to text them call them take her  to see them etc and the last few weeks I've thought why should I bother effort is a two way street and I have enough to do. I've told them both they are welcome to come over anytime etc they literally live 5 mins away in the car - but for some,reason they don't. But then play woe is me. It's just seems to be a cos tint power struggle from their side - maybe they are intimidated because they aren't on the maternal side and won't have the same bond as my mum and nan etc but if that's the case how ridiculous. An example of their nastyness ( there has been many) was I finally bit the bullet and took my daughter to see my partners nan( which I won't be doing again in a hurry) and she showed me a photo album she is doing for my daughter ( knowing that me and my partner are doing one) all the pictures are of my daughter and her side of the family I'm not anywhere to be seen, even on my daughters christening she arranged for a secret family photo outside with everyone except me and my family - and guess what that picture is pride of place in a frame in her living room! anyone would think looking at the pictures etc that I dont exist! I feel completely disrespected as.A person and more importantly as a mother, I could write a blood book on the silly things and games they play! At my wits end