Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my partner said hell leave me if i keep my baby

Hi ive just found out im pregnant with my 3rd child me and my partner have been together 8 years and after having our 2 boys who are 7 and 4 we said we didnt want any more now that im pregnant ive completely changed my mind and i want this baby he has said if i dnt get a abortion he will have nothing to do with the baby and just ignore it i have a abortion booked for monday and dnt want to go plz help

Replies

• This is a HUGE decision stacey & definitely one that you should not do if you feel at all pressured or unsure as that will lead to so much heartache & regret. This has to be something that you feel completely on board with. Please give yourself a little more time (& maybe space from your boyfriend... Emotions are probably running high for both of you & this is a decision that need calmness & rational thought). Think about what you really want in your heart. Listen to (if you can) to what your boyfriend is saying about why he doesnt want the baby... Just 'not wanting another' is not a good enough explanation but maybe deep down he has other worries ( eg financial, your health etc).

whatever decision you come to in the end, no-one here will judge you for... It just HAS to be the right decision for you.

• If you don't want to do it then you shouldn't have too! at the end of the day it's your baby too and you are the one that has to carry the baby not him.... I feel that if you keep the baby as soon as you have it if he has any kind of a heart he will be thankful you kept it! I hope you make the right desiscion & congrats on being pregnant! image 

• Hello. Just popping onto this thread to let you know, Tiana1897, that someone's drawn our attention to the fact that you've posted your email address on this thread - and so we've now edited it out of your last post, for your own security.

You're most welcome to use our PM system if you'd like to message someone on this thread a bit more privately. image

• If you don't want to do it then don't and don't be bullied or blackmailed by someone. . Same thing happened to me I was blackmailed to do the same thing.. but I didn't do it eventually so glad I didn't my little one is now two

You'll regret it if you go ahead with something your not 100% sure off.

• Do what YOU want, its not impossible to do it alone. Your partner is bullying you darling, dont let that happen x x x

• Any man that threatens to leave you if you do not Kill your unborn child, is not worth staying with. He helped you make that baby and if he is not man enough to stick around and help you because he loves you, then news flash hunny, he does NOT love you. kick his ass to the curb, raise the baby that God has blessed you with on your own because fyi, God would not give you a baby if he didnt think that you could raise it on your own. everything happens for a reason. rather give up for adoption if you do not want to have the baby...but PLEASE, i beg you do not abort. there are women out there who's hearts ACHE to have a baby but cannot carry one. please....good luck with what ever you decide! God bless you