Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant, married but lonely

Hi ladies. 

I don't know what to do and where to start.. I've moved away from my home country 7 years ago.. Met this guy 3 years ago, 6 month ago got married and I am now am 14wks pregnant.

He always had some temper issues.. But never physical..emotional abuse and shouting in general.. But sometimes very loving(I should of spotted it before tbh) but since we are married.. and he didn't let me work.. Instead told me to study & said will pay for my degree & never did(now I owe $6500 to the university).

He takes me on the trips buys me presents.. But with every argument he has to point out his financial superiority over me... Tells me I'm useless and should be grateful for everything he does. I can't express any of my emotions and feelings.. Because I have no right to have any.. As I'm being spoiled. Even me mentioning that I miss my family sends him to rage and he calls me full of shit, pathetic person, who always acts like a victim. He also loves to drink.. Every evening, after work.. Sometimes until 2-3am... Sometimes he wakes me up to have an argument with me whilst drunk. He is also a lawyer and only his opinion is always right.. Nobody else's. He's great with his friends though. I'm alone and pregnant. What now?

Replies

• I am sorry for what you are going through, no one should ever treat you like that. The thing is no one can really tell you what to do with this, i came out of a violent relationship with people telling me for ages to leave him but it is you that has to make that choice. I know you said he hasnt hit you but in my opinion (and i hope that i am wrong) but he may begin after the baby is born. with my partner i was pregnant and throughout he put me down made me feel useless then once the baby came he became more violent to me it is a horrible thing to go through and i hope you dont have to. I put up with it for 6 months until his violence turned to my baby at that point i knew i had to get out.

I say from my point is you need to think how long you can live with this and also do you actually fear he will hit you because if you have the fear of it then you can not stay with him and you will need to find away out, sadly police wont help unless he has hit you.

I dont know what else to say to you as i dont what to advice you and have you get hurt for following my advice but i couldnt read and leave.. 

End of the day You are the only one that can help yourself xXXx 

• Hi hun I'm so sorry to read this, I know it can be hard I also left all my family behind to start a new life with my other half.

You shouldn't have to put up with the way he treats you tho, that's not on! 

I agree with the above comment how long are you willing to put up with this? I'm not a strong person but I know if my other half ever did any thing like this to me I'd be out of there like a shot with my kids.

you really need to think what you want in life sadly only you can change your future 

always here if you need a chat xxx