Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Need Advice!

i suffered severe post natal depression after the birth of my son 2 years ago and have now slowly came out of it! but i find it hard to be a happy mum! i love my son more than anything but being a mum is hard most days, i just wanna lie in bed and hide but i cant!

does anyone have any advice?!?

Replies

• Hi, do you attend any groups with your son?
    Can you make any time for yourself? (and your fiancee)
    You will start to feel normal again, in time.
  • Try to talk to as many people as you can.
    Maybe join some mums groups,or look for local baby and toddler groups.
    If you have a partner maybe you could have evenings off and do some gentle exercise or join and excerise group. Its a good way to meet other women and will realise happy endorphins to help you feel better.
    And always a good one, if you can get someone to have your son get yourself down to the hairdressers and have a pamper. I myself am a hairdresser and I have had plenty of mums in your position in before and I love nothing more than to help them cheer up and make them feel like themselves again, even if its just for a couple hours.
    And remember all of us on this site are here to chat and listen and be a community together so hopefully you could chat to some of the wonderful ladies on here.
  • Hiya, my best bit of advice is don't hide how you're feeling.I used to go for a shower and just cry my eyes out so that no one knew how miserable I was even though sometimes I was sad because I was happy. When I started talking to my other half about it things did get easier. It does get easier but don't keep everything to yourself. This is a great site for talking to people and even with stuff you wouldn't normally talk to friends and family about.