Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

bf hit me pregnant

just in need of other peoples view, im really really down at the moment my ex hit me last week over a very silly little argument he punched me in the face and knocked me out to the ground then hit me twice whist on the ground I have a wobbly front tooth black eye & thick lip .. this is the first time he has ever done this to me! he also walked out after doing this and I screemed for his help he said 'good I hope your tooth is out' and walked out and ran to his parents. baring in mind my 2 year old girl was in the house in bed and woke crying at this point. im in shock. he did apologise and ring me I ignored them. I had my scan two days later and I didnt let him come I explained to his mother what happened and that I did not want him there because I couldnt face him after this (it wasnt to spite him in the slightest it was too fresh) she understood he was in the wrong. since not letting him to the scan all ive had is abuse he has stopped apologising now suddenly everything is my fault. hes made me feel lowest of lows. I am 13 and half weeks pregnant and im just so scared of doing it all alone and with my 2 year old. my daughter is from a previous relationship and he doesnt see her at all he never bothered. lets just say im not having alot of luck with men am I. and im so scared im only 23 I do have my mum to help me but not a major lot. im just worried I wont cope and just need a general pick me up chit chat xxxx any advice be helpful

Replies

• Aww sweetheart if I were you I'd have that ...person professing to be a man ( better than what I wrote 1 St time !) Arrested and brought up on assault and bodily harm charges .... NO ONE has the right to lay hands on you - no matter what the circumstances are.

What advice would you give to your daughter if she came to you and asked you " mom what do I do?"

If you want this smeg head in her life then that is your choice but I would love and respect myself and my children more and demand more from any relationship.

Being a strong single mom is a thing to be proud of ! I personally would take that life anyday over being willingly in an abusive relationship, that man don't deserve your concern, report his abuse, follow it thru so he can get help and face the consequences of his actions but most of all get a restraining order so he can't hurt you or your kids x 

Ignore his/ his family if they are not going to support you - this means they are enabling him to continue his abusive treatment to women.

As it is now,  this relationship is not healthy, a real man protects his woman and child.

Best wishes x am here if you need to chat x

• Hi lauz2 - and welcome to MadeForMums. 

So sorry to hear about your situation. We hope you get lots of support here (thanks, busymamma, for your great post) but we'd also like to point to towards some real-life, practical support: you can call the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline (it's free) on 0808 2000 247 and you can find advice from Women's Aid and Rights of Women.

Really hope things improve for you very soon.

• Hello lauz2,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.  Bad enough if you weren't pregnant or had your little girlie to think of. Please don't let this s**t get away with this.  It is no way your fault.  There is absolutely no excuse for his behaviour towards you.  To hit you once is bad enough but to continue when you are down is the lowest of the low.  

Please seek advice from domestic violence helpline as they are very supportive. Like busymamma says,  you'd tell your daughter not to put up with this behaviour if it were happening to her.  You can do it!!  although it may seem tough now,  you'll be better without this scum in your life in the long term. 

Take care and look after yourself xxx 

• Hi again, you have been on myind again today and I too looked up some helplines for you but thanks for beating me to it helenmfm xx

Please give them a call, I'm sure they can offer some practical advice and assist you however you need x

You deserve so so much more image

Here if you need to chat x

• I  support men and women who have been subject to domestic abuse daily at work and sadly what you have experienced is certainly that. You mention this is the first time it has happened to you, where he has been physically abusive, but he has decided to hit you, regardless of what prompted him to act that way, he hit you when you were vulnerable, when he should protect you. I know it's hard but he cannot do this to you, he has no right to. I understand you feel scared but you are a strong woman, you have identified this as unacceptable behaviour yourself because if you thought it was 'normal'  you wouldn't have sought advice. Please seek support from your local services as I'm certain they will be more than happy to support you and whatever decision you decide to make. He had no right to do what he has done to you. Remember you are never alone. You will cope lovely, it may take time to build your confidence but you will get there. Feel free to PM me anytime xx 

• Leave him. If he's hit you once, he'll hit you again. Your daughter and your unborn baby, and you deserve better than this. Best of luck with it all.