Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pushy mother law

Is it normal that my MIL who sees my 4 month old baby every week now wants him without me being there once a week also ? and has started preparing and freezing baby food she has made from book before I have began to prepare my baby food which I was looking forward to seeing his face trying foods for first time ?? Not sure if I'm being clingy mum 

Replies

• Not at all, it's normal to want to get your baby to try food and you want to be the first to do it... I will say though that babies should be 6 months before solids are given due to increased risk of allergies and choking, plus they're kidneys aren't quite ready yet... I'm not sure why your mil wants to have baby on their own but she might feel a bit self conscious about how she is with baby... Hope you get it sorted though xx

• Yeah I don't give him solids but as she had made stuff didn't want to sound cheeky and not let her feed him when babysitting , thanks I just hate leaving him unless I need to go somewhere important so don't want to leave him when I don't have to , thanks for advice x

• Your child you dictate who, when and for how long they see them...stand your ground and don't be pushed into things you don't want to happen until your ready to do so otherwise it may set things for years to come...

As for the foods I'd ask her to freeze them until your ready to introduce them and tell her they will come in useful when you have a family meal etc at their house and he is properly weaned which you will do in your own time. 

• Thanks a lot really helped with my problem image