Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Ex

Hi, lately in my pregnancy I have been feeling very down about everything. My fiance has a little boy with his ex who he obviously as to have contact with which I understand. But recently every time his phones goes off I'm paranoid it's her or if he mentions he's spoken to her about when we have him it bothers me when he needs to do so to find out when we have him. Also when he picks him up or other way around I hate that he's near her. He thinks I'm silly and sometimes gets annoyed at me which upsets me as I've recently told him how down I've been. 

what do I do :( 

Replies

• I know everyone says this but it is your hormones in your head your becoming bigger and more unattractive and you know hes had a relationship with this other woman who he still has to speak to/see and your prob thinking hes been attracted to her once it could happen again now i'm big he wont like me the same......it is soooooo not true in fact a lot of men find there pregnant partners more attractive. If you are feeling really bad sit him down and explain your hormones are allover the place and when you get a little jealous of his ex its because of these reasons tell him you may just need some reassurance every now and then and you need him to help you move past it because it is not your fault these bloody hormones are a bugger the more you communicate with each other about what your feeling the easier things should become don't push him away because hes doing nothing wrong either hope this helps x 

• Hi I know what you mean. I've told him its hormones and that I just need him to give me and kiss and cuddle and even tell me I'm being silly but nothing. I've needed up coming downstairs tonight as he's just got annoyed and gone to sleep. We are meant to have our 4D scan tomorrow and taking my mum his mum & Nan and his son. I'm worried now that I'm going to feel down for it due to the fact he won't speak to me about it now and will just stay mad at me. When all I need is for him to give me a hug and I've told him that. I told him it upset me that he didn't tell me he had next Friday off to have his son because he usually tells me straight away and asks me to take the day off too. I don't mind him having it off of course. I love that he gets to see his son but he just seems to busy to tell me that he's spoken to her and that upsets me :( x

• Maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want to upset you he will get angry because in his eyes hes doing nothing wrong hes just seeing his boy he obviously doesn't understand properly what you are going through tomorrow when he wakes give him a hug you don't have to wait for him to do it when your feeling insecure just grab your man :) tell him your sorry that your struggling with your emotions and that you just need him to talk to you abit more try not to pressure him though you have to remember you wasn't like this before your hormones took over and it isn't a side of you that he has seen before so he wont understand it either. When your feeling down or pushed out claw your way back in hug him kiss him snuggle up to him whatever you need to feel secure again. How far along are you? x

• Thanks, you're helping a lot. I've tried all this before and it works for a while. Waking up and hugging him and telling him and he understands for a little while but it happens a lot. I suppose it's something that will keep happening until I've had my baby and hormones go back to normal. I'm only 26 nearly 27 weeks gone. I have other stress too with family battles and I've been having separation feelings where I just want to be alone or just at home with my OH. I'm shocked I'm still up but I just want to be alone right now and not next to him and that upsets me :( x

• Well for one stress is never good for you or for baba sod your family you and baby come first :) second it goes back the same because your OH is getting on with life as it normally is this is a man we are talking about they have a 5 second memory span lol you don't have to repeat yourself just hug him when you feel you need to and just say i needed it. Everyone gets the separation feeling i got it but it wasn't  so much wanting to be alone it was not wanting  to be touched. It will calm once you have had your baby and you will feel better but then it will be sleepless nights nappies feeds and stress all in a different way :D. Don't let a silly tiff ruin your scan tomorrow us women know how to pick our self's up kick our self's up the bum and deal with whatever is throw at us even if we do need a little push every now and then ;) I am always popping on and off here you can always have a rant at me if you need to if it helps and you can pm me if you want to do it privately x

• Thanks!!! Well I think I'll head up to bed now, latest I've stayed up in months lol! Yes definitely, I've always been one to over think anyway and be a little nervous/paronoid so probably hormones just giving all that a boat in the wrong way lol. Ahh thank you, that means a lot. I only joined today to hope someone would just be there to rant too lol. I think it's easier when it's someone you don't know :-) if I need another rant I'll PM you If that's okay xxx

• That's absolutely fine anytime :D go and give your man a cuddle. Oh and remember shes his EX for a reason ;) x