Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Ex-boyfriend.

Hi everyone! 

Never thought i'd be writing in this section but here goes, i need some good advice. 

-so I don't go out much and my ex & i are still friends for the sake of our unborn child. and went to the local with a few friends. Everything was fine until his "best friend" decided to come up to me and tell me that it's all my fault and a mistake. I got upset and walked outside to get some fresh air. My ex followed me out and began to argue with me explaining that I am a "moody cow and this is why he doesn't want me to come out" and then continued to explain that I have ruined his life. 

Anyways I went back to his as it is closer and safer to walk too and I get a text asking to wait up for him because he's forgotten his key. So been really tired i've stayed awake to later receive a text message saying he was going to town and he don't know when he will be back. I explained that I needed him to come home because I felt like something wasn't feeling right (felt like a stitch in my side) and he just turned around and said "i'm going out to have fun bye" 

so now, am sat here. Alone, with nobody to support me. I don't have many friends as since they've found out am pregnant i'm not "available" sort of thing. It's like i've been pushed aside because I cant drink or do crazy stuff like they can do. I am just so torn up about everything after tonight & with him saying he'd support me through everything but instead he has decided to go to drunk when I needed him the most. 

thanks for listening, just some advice and support would be nice xx

Replies

• Hey Abigail I've just seen this 

I hope your ok and wish I could have gave you advise sooner xx

• Hi, 

no need to worry. We sorted everything out & he's now been so supportive of my pregnancy. It's unreal how much he has grown up these past few weeks. 

Guess it was a had time for us both, finding out I was pregnant and that. At least things are finally looking up & i also guess I just needed a rant hehe. 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Sounds like a class A jerk! Also, many guys sort of aren't themselves when they've found out they will be a father. My husband (we weren't married at the time I got pregnant before, & miscarried) was a horrible person during the period of time that I was pregnant. It also looked like he was happy when I miscarried, which really hurt my feelings- I thought beyond repair... Just know that guys can be a bigger mess than WE are when we're pregnant & that they can do very ugly things.

On the other hand, if he was always sort of jerkish, you'll want to watch out. There's a chance though, that like my husband, he will man up & become a better person. But this takes time, lots of it. It's a year & a half later & I would say he's just barely someone I would feel 100% comfortable going through a pregnancy with, after all he put me through the last time. :/

I would advise not putting up with it- I didn't. I told my now-husband that I would leave, stop talking to him, etc. while pregnant especially, if he wouldn't get his act together & treat me right. It seemed to work on him, & even if it didn't, I wouldn't have wanted to be around that.

• Sorry- got cut off on the last message.

Anyway, you will be fine w/just you & your baby, should you choose to leave him in the dust while you just take care of yourself & not worry about him or your friends. The friends who don't want to hang out with you b/c you "can't have fun" are just doing you a favor by backing out now. Make friends with other moms-to-be, with yourself, with role models, with family members, etc. They will all treat you better- & don't settle for less quality company just b/c you're lonely (unless it's been weeks since you saw anybody, then maybe try anyone lol). The right people will fall into your life & you will be happier for leaving behind those who didn't deserve you. After all, your exe might see you doing well for yourself without him & decide he wants to ask for a chance. At that point, the ball's in your court & you're in control. Much better position to be in!

When your baby's born & you see their face & hold them, you won't want to mess with any unnecessary drama, trust me. :) Good luck!

• wow sorry, didn't realise that I had replies. 

update!! 

Me and the baby father are back together, we realised we were going to be parents and needed to act more grown up and things went from there. We have been so much better since and i've never had so much support in my life. Especially with the hospital trips and all the midwife appointments. He's been my rock. 

hopefully i'll meet some mums-to-be my age. I'm only young and tend to shy away. 

• im 18 and 23 weeks pregnant with a boy my hubby babys farther hes so suppotive and so great i couldnt have asked for a better farther for my baby boy

• Mine is supportive.

It was because we was in a very rough time. I've just turned 20 on sunday. I am from near Doncaster xx