Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

boyfriend rant, advice appreciated.

So I'm New to this so don't really know where to start.

Me and my boyfriend are expecting our first child in May, I'm currently 4 months. We bought a house when we found out and everything has just gone wrong. He doesn't help out around the house unless asked, I'm so tired all the time because I work full time and he still expects Me to do everything I used to be able to do. He rarely seems interested in the pregnancy and the issues it causes, such as tiredness and not being able to do as much as I used to. But he's excited about becoming a dad. I've tried talking to him but he just has a tantrum and storms off. I really don't know if I'm over reacting or I need to bring it up.. it's just hard knowing what to do in these new circumstances. 

Any advice would be appreciated or just a rant back :)

Tasha

Replies

• How's things now? I'm in similar situation x

• I wrote everything down and gave it to him. We then sat talking for about an hour. Since then he's been brilliant. Helping out more, more involved with the baby Stuff. Think we just needed to talk openly. Just try talking ...or write it down like i did. He said with the baby, he felt useless cos there's nothing he could do, like couldn't feel the baby or anything.  I've been telling him whereabouts the baby is in my stomach and he'll lie there talking and kissing my stomach, said it makes him feel more involved. Just try talking :) x

• Tasha, writing everything down is a great idea!  I'm glad things worked out.  I'm definitely going to use that should an issue come around that warrants it. Thanks for sharing :)

• I wrote everything down. Unfortunately it was to a friend and my partner read it! Months of frustrated ranting in messages back and forth. 

It's been quite hard, and the truth can definitely hurt a great deal. But I think it may have done some good. X

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines