Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anybody else felt this way?

ive just recently found out I'm pregnant after adding up all these different symptoms I was getting. I did a test on Sunday just gone and got a bfp after getting two bfn. 

I cried when I found out, I don't know why but I just did, my emotions are all over the place, I'm getting moody and angry at my boyfriend because hes already told 7 people and I am fuming, I only wanted mine and his parents to know. Plus he's begging me about going for a 4D scan in which I do not want to and I have made that very clear. It's early days I don't want to be thinking too far ahead just incase anything bad happens.

one minute I'm happy and excited that I'm pregnant and the next I feel down and say to myself 'what have I done' I just can't get my head around it, even though this was planned.. i would not abort this baby as I am against everything to do with aborting babies. I do want this baby, I just wish I felt a little bit more joy from it. 

Has anybody else been in two minds about their new pregnancies?

Replies

• Hi Chloe.. 

Sometimes I don't know what to write as so many people try for so long.. 

I knew I was pregnant even before my periods I even tested Christmas Eve which came back negative.. I got s positive on 29th December.. My husband and I weren't trying for a baby but we weren't exactly preventing it.

at first I was excited then I cried.. I told my husband who went nuts.. for an hour.. Now you'd think he's won the lottery ,. He keeps talking about how "your pregnant" wanting to touch my stomach & just kept talking about it..

I've wrote a similar post to this I can't explain how I feel.. I don't think it feels real? How many weeks are you? I'm 8 today xx

• I'm glad I'm not the only one, my partner is so much more excited than I am, hes always touching my stomach, it drives me insane haha and I'm only 4 weeks 4 days gone xx

• Lolol id rather it that way I suppose but once you get your head around it you'll be ok.. I have my dreaded booking appointment in two weeks! 

Move only told my sis and best friend xz

• Yeah give it a couple of weeks and I should be okay , I've been to the doctors but I can't book in with the midwife until 10 weeks gone xx

• all I can say is me and my hubby are over the moon about me being pregnant at first we were scared but now i cant wait

• I don't know what is it with pregnant women hating their partners in the first few weeks but it deff isn't rare!

And yeah it seems like guys don't understand how scary it is to be pregnant so it's annoying when they act like it's nothing but something amusing, let's say.

I also want this baby but sometimes I feel doubtfull as well. It just feels so unreal. In the end remember that even tho those hormones are making you crazy, you should try to figure things out as they are one at the time and see how it goes.

• yeah that true lol ive found out im having a boy :) so happy xx at first i was like no way really somtimes me and my hubby still cant believe im pregnant because we were trying for so long and its now happening lol and yeah it is scary knowing you have a living human inside you but at the same time its nice because all i think about is i cant wait to see my baby. anyways good luck hope your pregnancy goes well and i hope you will feel better soon.

my hubby is very supportive like he would never make jokes like if boyfriends do that then they think its all a joke when its not and they wonder why there gf gets made at them its like when  your made at them you have to explain what they have done because the bf never seem to understand what they have said or what they have done rong lol

( ANNOYING)