Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Unfortunate events

Well to start off I gave birth on the 18 of March and I don't feel a connection with her like I did with my first daughter. She's 4 now, I've been going through so much and I feel I'm going insane. I am adoped , thats brought mahy problems to my life, and my mom is sick and ive haf to give upschool when i was about to finishl my pregnancy was high risk. my birth mom hates me and she tried to beat me up when I was 7 months she failed and I pressed charges. Ever since then things have gotten out of control, she's been calling cps  on me and the cops would sho up at my mom's apt every other day tull finally I was able to move  finally when we were kind of okay my husband got laid off his job and we lost our place just when the baby was born. We stayed at my in laws with cod still on us from then. Then   turns out we get kicked out from there because of cps I had to move 5 hours away with an aunt and no help here. Then turns out my momma  who raised me is days from passing away from cancer, this is the third time she gets it and Dr's really doubt she'll make it . She left home from the hospital  to pass away there. There's been so much and more and I haven't been able to be calm and nurture my baby right . I feel disconnected I have 0 patience with her, NY husband is bearly working out the city so I'm all alone. I can't stop crying  my 4 year old is fine but I can't enjoy her much cause I gave the take care of the baby so she doesn't get much attention .  I just Def don't know what to do there's more going on but is gunnar take forevrr. I want to enjoy my family and it's been impossible and I'd if it can be postantalizing depression or just all my situation together. Please help

Replies

• Excuse my spelling  I was typing fast with a crying teething 1 month baby in my arms. 

• I know you have things going on in your life but it's not the baby's fault.  She didn't ask to be here. You need to get your life in order so you can take care of your girls. You don't want cps to take your kids right?  Please get your life together for the kids sake. 

• look into support services in your area.  Do you have any parent and toddler /home start groups who could help you? Maybe to get some advice or they may have somebody who will be like a sponsor to advise you on any issues you are struggling with - do not get me wrong im not suggesting a substitute parent or somebody to burden with the practical stuff I'm thinking of an advising role.  

Unfortunately bringing up children is beyond exhausting at times, that's just what it is, it was never going to be easy.  

Address each problem in turn and ask for help if needed.  - Forget your birth Mum, don't waste your energy you can not change or control this situation.  

So your Husband is out at work at day, your home with the children.  Is your Husband home in the evenings? 

Is the Aunt your staying with capable of babysitting for short period of times is there any other family around you? 

Have the cps provided you with a social worker who spends time with you to advise  you And help you reach services etc.  

im in the uk so I'm not really up with how systems work in the US