Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please!!

so I've been with my partner almost two years and we have a two month old, so recently when we argue he calls me things like a rat and a shit mum, he's told me I dont do anything for our child due to not being able to continue breastfeeding, he calls me a little girl, tells me I need mental health help, he makes me feel so so low, after he starts to regret it and apologises but it just happens again, I love him so much but he treats me like nothing and it hurts so much, please someone tell me how we can sort this for the sake of our baby :-( 

Replies

• oh what a horrible situation! if anyone needs to seek help it sounds like its him? 

my LG is 4 months and i know arguments started to creep in when she was born due to sleep deprivation etc but he has no right to speak to you like this you've just bought a teenie tiny awesome human into the world!

Maybe couples counselling could be an idea for you both? or ask someone to have little one and have some time just the two of you, so you can sit him down and tell him how shitty his behavior is, that its not acceptable & tell him how its making you feel.

Please do not let him make you feel bad for not breast feeding and you probably do more with your child than anyone being with them 24/7 as long as your child is being fed what does it matter what they're fed.

keep positive and i hope everything sorts itself out for you xx

• Don't let anybody call you a rat! This is so offensive. 

You need to talk to him and explain that you can't accept so offensive words. 

It seems that he is very angry with you, you need to find out why.

In most relationships having a baby for the first time is a big stress. So most of couples are having an arguments. 

You love him it's great. Does he love you the same way? If you know 100% that yes, than you have to be smart and resolve this. 

• This is really a tough situation. When you really love someone so much it will be hurting when they do not show love in return. Anyway calling you such words are offensive. Tell him your situation and ask him to support you. Don't forget to give importance to your baby.