Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I leave my husband alone for New Years?

Hi everyone!

I've been married for 6 years and my husband and I have never been apart for more than a day or 2. Lately we have had a lot of issues on our marriage and had even discussed the option of getting a divorce since things keep getting worse. One of our main problems is the fact that he doesn't want to have any kids. he changed his mind in the last couple of years and he is terrified of the idea of having a kid. Also,  we have grown apart in the last couple of years.. you can't even call what we have a relationship..he has become very grumpy, critical, and unloving husband and I honestly just stopped asking him for anything.. we barely even talk to each other, we haven't had sex for a while now and probably the only thing that we share is the same bed... I am originally from another country and my mom just offered to buy me and my husband plane tickets to go visit my family..I was super excited because I haven't been there for almost 4 years and I really miss all my family.. so I talked to my husband and he pretty much told me that he doesn't have enough vacation time to take a week off work and to be honest I don't really think he even wants to spend any time with me or my family because of our situation ... So I was wondering if I should just go by myself and enjoy some quality time with my family and maybe let the things between my husband and I cool off for a little bit? But I'm feeling very insecure about it because I really don't want this distance to be the final blow out and trigger a divorce... I'm very confused..

Also, my husband is always pusging me to go away and pretty much leave him alone... I'm so worried he already gave up on us. I would appreciate any comments or ideas ..

Thanks!

Replies

• Options

Go.  The time apart and alone will give you both space and chance to re-evaluate things.  your marriage doesn't sound like there is anything left to lose...