Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Relationship gone down hill

Since having my baby 8 weeks ago my husband and I do not seem to have any time for one another anymore. I love my baby to pieces and do not want to be without her.

Over the past number of weeks I feel like I would be better off without my husband. 

prior to baby we had the odd row, But lately I feel like he is constantly having a go at me. Any excuse to criticise me or what I do and he finds it. For example in the car today baby was on the back and was ready for her food. I got out the car and when I got back she was screaming. He blamed me for "slamming" the door. 

We went out for the first time together last week and to be perfectly honest I would have been safer staying at home. He paid me absolutely no attention until the end of night when we were going home and he thought he would get his end away. I am not saying I need attention all the time or even some of the time, but after having a baby and gaining a stone my confidence is in my boots. I don't want to go out but felt I had to make effort to do so. 

He is constantly making digs about my weight and how I need to stop eating crap and get exercising. 

I am just finding it all very tough at the moment. 

is it my hormones? Is there anyway I can fix it? 

Replies

• Options

Yes...tell him to f off and grow up. 

Don't get me wrong sleep depravation is used as torture for a reason and you're probably both suffering and it shortens the fuses but no need to make physical digs...YOU GREW S CHILD...YOU ARE AMAZING. 

Write down all your feelings and things that have annoyed you. This means during a rational moment (when you've slept, washed and ate) look over the list and take out the crazy things and then sit down and talk. Try get someone to take the baby a walk so you can both just focus and hopefully you can resolve.