Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Step mother in law

Sorry this is confusing and I'm fairly new to all this so please bear with me.

I've been with my OH 3 years now and been living together for little under a year. His dad and step mum live aboard so stay at ours when they come over. They're lovely and I couldn't be happier having them as in laws (OH mother is also lovely couldn't ask for better)

However, in September the OH step- MIL noticed and pointed out the OH had put on weight she made odd comments while staying with us along with comments on our snack cupboard (although it's rarely used it's pretty full) then round family she'd say things about OH weight and that it's only since I've moved in and been cooking him portions big enoughfor both of us. Not helped his sister comes round every now and then and reports back on the food I've cooked and portion sizes. Sometimes even supported with photos. 

She hasn't said I've put on weight but still says both our portion sizes are big. Now I know I can cook a lot for the two of us however when we're both working long hours we both rarely eat through out the day So by dinner time we're hungry. 

Anyway reason for this post is we're both trying for a baby so are both rather relaxed with life at the min to help conceive,OH informed me yesterday she's coming back over to stay with us in a week and I just know I'm going to be on tenderhooks waiting for the comments that OH and me have enjoyed ourselves over the festive time. I'm more anxious over the fact OH seems to listen and take everything SMIL (step mother in law) As gospel. I've mad comments back and said to OH that I feel it's disrespectful and almost bullying he just shrugs it off as being over sensitive. 

Am I just being silly and need to get over myself? 

sorry didn't mean this to be long! 

Thanks ladies. Xxx

Replies

• People are so polite. I'd have told her to f off (not helpful I know)

I hope it went ok but I'd have bought in masses of 'diet' food and made a point of a fake 'new year health kick' then eat a selection box in bed.