Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Men!!!

Sorry for the rant but I need to vent! 

So both me and the OH took time off (very much needed) over christmas to spend time together. I found some AMAZING deal to Tenerife for 4 days that were too good to miss anyway after telling him I was going to book it he turned his nose up and replied "oh well I was hoping to just spend the days off with you and make the most of it being us two as next year hopefully you'll be pregnant or have had a baby by then" which I thought was sweet. 

Back to the current day the time off has been spent with him upstairs and me down I'm just chilling he's sorting out his clothes and paperwork. Finally comes downstairs asking for dinner then says why don't we set the fire stick up and we can watch a film you can pick coz you always moan my movie choices are boring- not boring just not my cup of tea- bad grandpa jackass,etc to the point I walk out and sit upstairs. Somehow we end up watching his choice yet again and I'm sat on my phone. He then asks if I'm attached to my phone coz I'm always on it.... yeah the films pants! 

Tonight "why don't we watch something else something funny or drama you pick" while im browsing as most women love to do "war dogs wasnt that the film we wanted to see?" (Don't recall ever saying I wanted to see it just that jonah hill was in it) and low and behold it's on! Now I'm stuck on my phone yet again. 

ive got 4 days left off work before going back and being rushed off my feet. 4days of doing what nothing what's the point in spending time off Together when we don't actually spend time together. 

at the same time- he wants to bring a baby into all this..... I'm actually thankful right now (and it kills me to admit and say this) I'm glad I'm not pregnant yet. We've been together 3 years but the last few days I've noticed how un-ready we are for a baby! Even down to him sitting on the sofa next to a load of xmas stuff yet doesnt move them for me to sit down no I have to. 

Arghhhh men 

really sorry but I feel better now! 

Replies

• i  can tell you i was my boyfriend didnot know that he was dating my best friend

• Sounds like what is happening with me at the moment! 

I'm currently pregnant and some days I just need a cuddle and reassurance. My boyfriends idea of us spending quality time together is him playing Xbox whilst I sit on my phone, he's perfectly happy doing so! Men are so frustrating sometimes! Then to top it all off he hasn't even wanted to hug me or give me a kiss for days, because that's doing wonders for my anxiety! Making me think there's something wrong with me or he no longer finds me attractive because I'm fat (not fat but pregnant)! Ggrr xx