Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Husband won't move away from his mum...

So long story short. The city we live in is too expensive to buy a house. We agreed to move somewhere more affordable so we could put a roof over our heads instead of paying insane rents but my hubby has been constantly agreeing to a move then as soon as we start to make it happen he backs off. It's been 2yrs of this. He's finally admitted that he doesn't want to move from his mum...

I tolerate my MIL up to a point, we do Christmas together, regular catch ups etc. But he would rather she was living in our ear. He definitely needs some kind of validation or acceptance from her cos he used to be a little sh1t.....but he's using our kids to apease her, usually without asking me first. 

I dont know what upsets me more...Telling me we would move when he had absolutely no intention of ever doing so. He broke my heart this wkend talking about moving back to my home country, looking at farms we could afford. He even applied for a bloody job. Then as soon as i applied for a job too he totally back pedaled and said he could never leave his mum.

I've told him how much this upsets me...but he just keeps banging on about his mum....not our future...

I'm seriously considering divorce. I'm over being lied to. Last wkend was the last straw. I thought I could move back and see more of my own mum before she passes. She's much older than his and can't even travel to be with me for the birth of our 2nd child. 

Any advice? How can i compromise?