Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused - my fault or not?

So.. Basically I am 29 weeks pregnant and have been married for 2 years. My husband and I are really happy about the pregnancy and normally get on great. 

However, when we do argue, he blows up at me and screams really aggressively. Now, I have a short temper and have been told by him that he blows up as I speak to him with an attitude. But surely that's not enough reason to scream in my face and walk away calling me a f**king b***h? 

Today for example he walked into the room saying I have to eat better which got on my nerves as I've literally ate the EXACT same as him today but less. (Although I totally think I can be eating better, it just feels like an insult as it's something else I'm not doing right!) so I said to him that it's the same as him and then he starts screaming at me calling me all sorts of names like a b***h. He also shouts that I have no right to speak to him the way that I do (as he is speaking to me like s**t - the irony!) I  don't know if it's just my hormones but it really upsets me that my husband thinks it's okay to call me this in an argument. 

i know for a fact that once he calms down he will come back through, try and give me a hug and to say forget about the argument as its over now. But I am so fed up of the same pattern of getting shouted at, blamed for  argument due to my attitude, and then being told to forget about it once he's calmed down.

Do you think I am over reacting due to my hormones and should just get over it? Or should I try and do something else about it? 

TIA xx