Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My DS hates my mam!

Hi, just after some advice, my DS is nearly 7 years old and really doesnt like my mother! 

He can be really unkind and nasty! I have asked him why he doesn't like her but he just says he doesn't know why!

He is fine with MIL and my dad! My mams not as exciting I suppose as the rest but me and my partner work full time and my mam is my main babysitter for us to go.

It really upsets her and me but I'm at a loss as what to do? I've thought about getting a childminder for after school as I'm Not giving in and asking my dad or MIL!

can anyone help? Thanks xxx

Replies

• Oh honey, it's tough when they're that age, the kids try and tell us how they're feeling but sometimes can't find the words. 

Maybe you need to try and ask different questions - could it be something as simple as he might not like your mums snacks or food, or maybe he's bored when she looks after him? So try asking what snacks did you have today with Grandma? Or what did you chat about with Grandma? Maybe that'll help get to the bottom of it.