Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should I tell my fiancé that I had chlamydia 10 years ago?

I have been worried for a long time (ever since I found out I had it) that I can't get pregnant and I'm not sure if I had PID from it (I had some abdominal cramping and spotting when I decided to go to the doctor). my gyn told me I have a 10-12% chamce of having infertility issue.This was 10 years ago when I was young and dumb and trusted my boyfriend at the time that he was clean and not cheating on me, I'm thinking I had it for about 4 month. My fiancé and I want children and are going to start trying to get pregnant  a little while after the wedding but I have never told him about having chlamydia. I feel dirty and ashamed and I got it from only the 2nd guy I had ever slept with and have always been worried that if I tell him he will leave me or see me differently or not want to do anything sexual with me anymore. I'm wondering if it's even really important for him to know or if I should not tell him unless I have to if I have trouble getting pregnant? any advice? I have been worried about this for a long time.