Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Petrified!! Sex after giving birth

Hi ladies,

So finally after two miscarriages last year I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on 29/03 and couldn't be happy! Baby was in intensive care for 6 days with an infection, liquid in the lungs and jaundice which was a really difficult time for me and my partner and because of everything going on we had very little midwife support and check ups! 

Anyway to cut a long story short my partner and I had intercourse 1 week and 3 days after I'd given birth and two more times since. *tmi* but I was still bleeding (not heavily) and my partner is allergic to latex so stupidly I know but we had sex without a condom! The one midwife we did see said whenever we were ready to go for it! Now I'm hearing all this stuff about infections (kidney/uterine), sep and air embolisms and how dangerous it was - petrified!

Anyone have any experience of this and know what to look out for? I feel so let down that nobody medical wise warned us :( 

Thanks all!! 

Replies

• Ps - I also have a lower left abdominal stitch that comes and goes if anyone can shed some light on this? 

• I know once you've had a baby your not supposed to have sex for like 6 weeks because you could get pregnant again straight away and obviously infections I would ma talk to your dr or midwife

how do you feel in yourself as you would know if you felt an infection or anything coming on like high fever kidney pain etc 

I'm sure 100s of women have had sex soon after birth and been ok 

hope everything is ok