Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So called "friends"

I'm 22 and I'm 28 weeks pregnant, I don't want to sound moany here😂 Found out I was pregnant at 12weeks i got the whole "congratulations" "so happy for you" was really happy. But now I couldn't feel more alone now all the girls have seemed to have done one and I literally haven't seen anyone for months. Guess I'm just feeling a bit crappy about the situation really, people do say you don't know who you've actually got until you get pregnant and it's feeling pretty true. 

Replies

• Options

Sadly, whether intentional or not, you do tend to get forgotten about once pregnant. It is assumed that you won't want to go on nights out as you can't drink & will get tired with the baby weight  (we can still have fun). It is assumed that you won't want to go grab some food while pregnant  (apparently we're all on special diets or throwing up everything ). It doesn't get much better once baby arrives either as you are then deemed 'time consumed' by your newborn. 

Have you looked at any mother & baby groups yet? You'll be welcome even if baby hasn't arrived yet & can make some lovely new mummy friends to run alongside those true friends you have remaining from pre-pregnancy. X 

• Options

Congratulation, you find out who's your true friends are once you get pregnant and after and finding new friends once you have children is even better. Mayb talk to your partner, or your friends and tell them how u feel.

• Options

It is always like that. People became selfish in these days. Nobody is honest anymore. All just say what needs to be said and nobody fullfills his word. It is just the way it is the world now. You should rely on your partner, on your family because they are the only ones who will not dissapoint you. Friends can always be found, once when the baby is born, you will meet alot of people and who knows what friendship awaits for you in the future.

• Options

Hi. I think it was mean that did the dumping when I found out I was pregnant with my son June 2015. I was very sick throughout and on crutches. I just said no to everything and once he arrived I continued to say no. I was then pregnant with my daughter when he was 8 months so this time last year and again I kept saying no. My mum is retired and I got to a point where she was my only friend. She convinced me to do two things 1)Join an app called MUSH and go to a coffee meet up that had been arranged and 2)Go to mother and toddlers. She comes with me so we can share time chasing my son about or having a coffee and chatting to the other mums while I hold my daughter.

Go early the more people you can talk to before the baby is on the move the better. You might find toalkhehehem cliquey from the outside but there will be a mum on her own top looking to meet someone.