Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hurting - having a tough time with partner

So there's always been arguments between me and my partner but they've gotten worse.

I have Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder with a depressive episode.

Sometimes when we're arguing, my partner says I'm in the wrong and I really don't know I am, I tell him that it is due to my illness, in which he replies that it isn't and it's just my personality.

Sometimes during an argument he will call me names, which has happened a few times. Yesterday I confronted him about the name calling and told him it was emotional abuse, he said it's not emotional abuse if it's during an argument, he also said I get him angry so he says stuff so that I have things on him, which I most definitely do not, I wouldn't want to be called names, especially as every time it's left me in tears.

Today we had another argument and I put my head down on the sofa as I was crying and because I didn't answer when he spoke to me he grabbed me by the upper arm, tried to pull me to look at him and because I didn't, he gave me a push back.

I really don't know what to do, I love him so much, maybe he's right about me.. I don't know

Replies

• He is not right about anything. He manipulates you. It is so obvious. What you need to do is to stop this kind of verbal and physical abuse. It is just a matter of time when he is gonna hit you, trust me. Stop this behavior now, or you will regret it in the future. If he doesn´t want to calm down, then go and look for professional help. Also, it would be wise to leave him and this relationship behind you.