Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Husband wants an abortion I'm heartbroken

im broken to pieces here. One day last week my husband was bragging about the pregnancy thought of names treated me with love and care and now he talks abortion and speaks to me so evil. He makes me feel like s#*!

found out yesterday he was going behind my back telling his mom and sister he wants me to have an abortion broke my heart. He has other heavy stresses in his life currently but this right here is something I didn't expect.

He doesn't care how I feel he turns things around in me alll the time he's sneaking and I'm so over how he treats me. He left for 4 hours yesterday after flipping out on his sister after she told me what he was doing mind you they're Jesus lovers.They're 10000% against his abortio.

I'm heartbroken because I'm too going through a lot I never expected this. What makes me so weak is that I'm a forgiver meaning I'm not  that likes to argue or fight so Im the one to apologize even when it's not my fault and I have a big heart NOT to say I'll forgive this cause I'm damaged by this I have no family or friends to listen to me im alone.

I don't know what to do he has total control over my sitaution and what I can and can't do

Replies

• Options

Gosh Lesco, this is really sad what you say. But hey, you say he is stressed out. Maybe he just needs his time? He needs to re-think and to accept it. How long are you together? What were your relationships before?

I think you should ask yourself a question, if you really love your husband and if really love you. On the other hand, you have to consider if your family is able to raise a baby in your current situation (financial, psychological).  I am not a professional, just telling you my thoughts, as your story really stroke me. 

I believe for the best! When you all calm down you both can make a decision. Till then - you can keep us posted here and I will be happy to give you all my support. Anyway, the final choice is yours. Keep calm and Take care!

XXX

• Options

Lesco, hi. You did not have a simple situation.  And the question is so scrupulous.  On the one hand, I want to advise you to give birth and raise the child, but on the other hand - the child needs a father.  Therefore, you should listen to your heart, analyze all your life together with him and come to a decision. And in any case, you should not bring everything to an abortion.  After all, not every couple has their own child.  Marriage sometimes collapses because the husband and wife can not conceive a child. Therefore, if you really want to overcome this and give birth to your baby, you will either have to wait and live in fear, or you should visit with your husband to a family psychotherapist.

• Options

This heart breaking. There are some men who are dying to have children and there are others who just don't know how precious some things are before it is too late. I am a mother and I know how you would feel. I would have left that guy the very moment and raised my child on my own. 
    I am sorry @Jmaverick I would not agree with you here. That child doesn't need a father who did not want him/her at the first place. I wish I could just say give that embryo to some who want to become a mother but cannot produce eggs but want to feel a baby grow inside her (I am not if that is even possible). Please don't abort! 
    I am very sorry Lesco but I just couldn't stop myself from saying all this. Much love for you. Just don't feel lonely. You not alone Hun. Just stay strong, stay positive. I also believe that if you stick to the decision of keeping the baby you will get a lot time to convince him. May be his heart melts and works harder in life when he sees the baby, takes him/her in his arms :') 

• Options

What is he stressed about?! You are the one who is being pregnant, not him! Imagine him pregnant, it would be the biggest drama in the world. He can´t be that selfish. Mandatory for him should be the thinking about you. Why all of a sudden change of hearts? Something doesn´t make sense, because before he wanted the baby, and now he wants you to abort? Only logical explanation coming to my mind is that he found someone else. I can´t see the other option to be honest. You should sit down and talk openly with him and see what really bothers him.

• Options

hi you should leave him you deserve better

• Options

Firstly decide what you want to do. This is your pregnancy and your choice. If you decide to carry on the pregnancy and your husband doesn’t want that then you can do this on our own. It’s a scary and daunting thing being a single parent but the most rewarding! I wouldn’t change my little boy for the world. I’ve loved every second of being his mummy. Not saying it’s not hard it is. Your husband may Just need time to adjust But take care of your self first love.