Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Husband thinks his life is harder than mine

Hi,

sorry in advance, I suppose this is a bit of a rant I need to get off my chest and talk about.

my husband and I have two children; an 8 year old and 5 month old. We had an argument because he clearly thinks I've got life easy as he goes to work all day Monday to Friday. I used to do the same up until I was 38 weeks pregnan...as well as housework, food shopping, cooking, lunches, school runs etc.

even now I've gone back to work super early for his sake so work part time, do both school runs, lunches, breakfasts, dinner, housework and look after our baby. He came in late today because he decided to stop in the gym on the way home For 'his time', I wouldn't mind but what's my time? I haven't even had a chance to change my clothes from work and am cooking the dinner when he swans in, in a bad mood might I add because 'he's tired'

i said I am too you know, I have no time for myself and get up through the night to our son. He thinks he does equally as much as me because he takes him for an hour when he gets in from his much harder day...whilst I cook might I add, not chill out. He reckons he gets up as much in the night but he doesn't, if he does he goes back to sleep while I sort our sons bottles. He moaned he had the kids for 4 hours while I did a one off weekend work last weekend, in which time no one had food, no housework was done either. Yet I didn't stop for the gym and rushed back to sort everyonea lunch straight away. When I get home I dont have time to shower and get out my work clothes until the kids are in bed yet that's the first thing he does before he does the hard grafting of having his son for an hour 'as he's the one who's been at work all day'.

granted his job is longer and more high powerEd but I do several things at once. I did a law degree but just so I can work with my children with me and around school etc I took a cleaners job so he makes it clear that's not as hard even thoughmine is much more physically demanding and I dont get breaks and more often than not take my son along too.

i feel so angry, am I being unreasonable? Or am I being fair? every time I try to talk about it he makes out I'm being unfair 

making me very stressed out 🙁 X