Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships

Situation with my son and his girlfriend ??

Both she and my son are 25 and I'm 45 , they have been together for just over 9 years.I received an e-mail from someone who has sent me evidence that she has been cheating on him for the past 6 YEARS with his best friend . Ive had this info for about 4 YEARS now.I talked with her about it and She convinced me and his sister to not say anything . Most of the time it happens it when hes out of town town or at work. I know that she cheated on him last night. I have NO idea how to handle this. Hey Parents out there should I say anything to my son or just let it work itself out and he will figure it out soon enough?

Replies

• If that were my son I would ABSOLUTELY tell him! You have bang to rights evidence & she has admitted it to you... it has been going on for years and she apparently has zero intention of stopping! your son is old enough that he can make a decision about this for himself. If he knows about it & wishes to stay with her then that is his choice & you can support that but he absolutely has a right to know... of course he will be hurt by it... but remember you are not the one hurting him even if you are the one that tells him & in the long run it will be the best thing to do.how do you think he would feel if he found out about the cheating and that you had known about it all this time? My personal opinion I know... but to me it's a no-brainer. She is being completely disrespectful to your son. She may love him & he may be ok with the idea of an open relationship but by not being upfront about it she is showing a complete lack of respect for their relationship.